11. Part a.

Too grossed in my own thinking I forgot the fact that I was right now sitting with my fiancé at a cafe.

Looking at him, I realized another fact that he has been watching me for the past few minutes, while I was way too engulfed in my thoughts.

"Ji.... I wanted to ask you something." I uttered the words as I thought that he was not gonna start speaking on his own. A start was required and this time I did it.

"Hmm.. I guess I know what you want to know, but still you can ask" He replied, now all other emotions of his face replaced by seriousness.

"I thought that you didn't want to get married now, but then why did you agree for this marriage?" I shot the question at one go, making him smile a litttttle bit.

"Kyun?? You don't want this marriage? He asked, cocking his head to one, raising the left eyebrow at me, a smirk forming on his face.

"I thought you said at the hospital that your fiancé is a police officer." That hit it, because my cheeks grew red and hot, as well his smirk. He was clearly teasing me.

"I... I was just...." I started but then stopped as I didn't know what I should say.

What should I tell him? The truth? I sighed.

"This is the 3rd or 4th time I'm seeing a guy for marriage, but nothing worked out due to few reasons so I decided that I would agree for the next person, whoever he is and it turned out to be you. I only had the vague idea that you are a police officer, that's why." I said with all the courage I had, though my cheeks still continued to be red.

He sat still for a second, as I waited for his reply. He seemed to think of something and his face looked as if he was a bit disappointed.

I replayed my words in my mind once more and to check of anything that sounded disappointing.

But nothing was caught upon by me. So I waited for him to speak, adding the situation to the list of questions whose answer I had to seek.

The waiter arrived with the coffees and placed the tray on the table. "Sir, Madam how many spoons of sugar you like to have?" He asked as he placed the sugar cubes out of the tray.

Too impatient to drink coffee, I said what came to my mind since he seemed to be still in another world.

"1 for the latte and 2 for the mocha." But soon as I said it, I saw his face shot up at me and a smile forming in his face.

"Should we change it, I thought you liked 1 cube." I remembered the day we had coffee at my garden when he asked to put two spoons of coffee in the drink.

But he still looked shocked as to which I couldn't find. "One is perfectly fine for me." He said as he sipped a bit of the coffee.

*************

The day was great in the early morning. It always was. A perfect walk in the perfect morning and gym.

I took my gym set and went to the gym, my favourite hobby after work. Usually the gym music player will be on, and my workouts went with the music.

I had always kept in my mind not to think about work during gym hours, I had to relax for gym. Being a cop always involved dangerous steps and witful thoughts. But in a gym I was not a cop, and in my family I was the son not a cop.

Refreshing thoughts, that is always what I need. And since the past few days I have got a new topic to think upon, a topic that amused me, confused me, questioned me.

A topic I wish to have for the rest of my life. Dhruvika Sanjay, who will be Dhruvika RamCharan soon.

It is she that took my mind away. I was never too attached with girls though I had a couple of  relationships earlier. But this girl always left a question mark in my mind. Why her?