61.Stuck in the woods!

I stood there paralysed. I knew that I should do something. But my mouth went dry, my throat parched. My eyes searched behind them for any signs of Cherry, but found none, and my heart dropped.

"Careful there, Bhai particularly said that he wanted the girl alive. Go shoot the guy first, we just need her." One guy said, and I panicked.

The other guy went outside, must be in search of Cherry, while I took the moment of distraction to take the scissors in my hand. Taking a deep breath, I shoved it at the man coming to get me. But him being faster than me, held my wrists with his left hand and slapped me across my cheek with the other.

My left eye stung at the action, and I fell sideways onto the floor, on top of the mannequin. Pushing it against him, I got up and ran to the living room. But before I could reach the main entrance, the guy caught hold of my hair, and pulled me back. Intense pain burst through my head while I fell backwards onto the tea table in the living room, crashing the glass.

Small pieces of glass pierced through my back, blinding my eye with the pain, and I screamed. The guy once again held my hair and pulled me up. Suddenly, the door flew open and the other guy barged in.

"The officer is not in sight. We will just get-" The guy didn't finish as a bullet was plugged in his head, and the guy fell forward. The man holding me left his hold on my hair, and I fell onto the floor hitting my forehead. The last thing I heard was Cherry yelling my name before everything blacked out.
--------------------------------------------

Ram was in the backyard of the house, facing the farm in silence. Dhruvika was still there alone in the hut and he didn't want her to feel unsecure with him being there at this hour of night. He checked his watch once again. 9:20 p.m.

She normally sleeps after about 11. About 2 more hours to go. He decided to sit there till she fell asleep and then to join her in the hut. The forest crickets gave him company, singing the song of the night. Her words, filling the space inside his head.

A mistake is always a mistake.

He purely regretted his actions. He felt disgusted at himself for talking all that to her, and even after that where have I got her?

His thoughts were disturbed by a sharp loud sound, that he could even recognise in his sleep - a bullet. His senses went sharp, looking for any other sounds while he made his way to the hut, praying that Dhruvika was fine.

He had kept his gun inside his jacket, and took it out, keeping it close to his side as he moved to the house staying close to the wall. Sneaking at the front yard, he saw a man of about 40 holding a gun. As he was about to shoot the guy, there was a loud sound of glass crashing followed by Dhruvika's scream.

Looking back at the front yard, he noticed the guy was walking back to the house, and followed him. Standing at a safe distance, he aimed for the guy's head, and fired the gun, the bullet seeping through his head.

The guy fell down, revealing the sight in front of him. Another guy was holding Dhruvika by her hair, blood all over the back of her dress. Below, there was shattered glass piece on the floor along with blood. The guy immediately let go of Dhruvika's hair and she fell on the floor with her head hitting the floor with a thud and fell unconscious.

"Dhruvika.. " He yelled moving forward, but was stopped when the guy aimed his gun at her.

"Drop your gun, or else I will shoot her." He threatened, and Ram dropped his gun, kicking it far away.

The guy went to Ram and punched him with the gun, to which Ram didn't utter a word. His eyes was fixed on Dhruvika lying still on the floor.

"Did you.. What did you do to her? Is she..." He gasped for air, not able to say the word.
The guy went to her and slowly kicked her to see if she is alive, and Ram growled in anger. The guy, going terrified, slowly went down to touch her nose with his hands, checking to see if she was alive.