52. Only Mine!!

I couldn't believe my eyes.. But the way my heart hammered against my chest was enough to prove that I wasn't dreaming.

"You are drunk..!!" This time I stated instead of questioning.

He can't be here... Not this time.. This drunk..

"I wanted to see you... I'm not drunk.. I just had a bit.." He said, not noticing how hard he was doing to get the words out of his mouth without being slurred.

I tiptoed around the corner of the bed and locked the door. After making sure that no one would hear us, I turned and looked right at him, crossing my arms.

One, he is drunk, two, he is lying about it...

"Okay may be a little more than a bit... But I am fine." He tried to convince.

"Fine?? You can't even stand straight, and you climbed up the terrace? That too at this hour, what if someone saw?" I closed the window, and looked back at him.

Darkness spread out the room, but even the dim moonlight, I could see how tired he looked. Dark circles under his eyes, weight dropped, shoulders slacked forward...

Guess I'm not the only one having troublesome nights..

"You still have the photo..?" He said, as his eyes lightened, gazing up at the ceiling. Sadness crossed his face, but he covered it up, gulping it down.

"You didn't answer my question.."I ignored his statement. Talking about that was never included in my 'how to move on from your first boyfriend that you are desperately in love with!!'

"You didn't answer mine too.." Was he becoming more sober now? Or is it just my messed up head?

"I couldn't reach up the ceiling! I'll ask someone to take it out!!" I said, avoiding his eyes.

"You want to?" His face turned pale? Stress lines covering his forehead.

"You never gave me any choice.."I whispered.. It hurt to speak about it.. To speak to him about it..

"Dhruvika.. I..." He tried, taking a step forward.

"You don't have to explain.." I folded my arms. That is when I realized one thing.. I'm dressed in my nightwear.. A sleeveless cotton shirt and loose pants.

Suddenly I felt cold and exposed to stand like this in front of him..

"I have to... I... I love you..." He said as he stepped forward, trying to cup my face.

"You are drunk... You probably will not remember this when you wake up tomorrow." I said, as I dodged away from him.. Towards the window.. My back facing him..

"But that doesn't deny the fact that I love you, and I need you.. And I will no..." He said.

"No... You should stop making promises that you can't keep.. And I... I promised Naveen that I will give him a chance.." I said, cutting him off staring at nowhere..

"You.. You said yes?" He asked, and even without looking at him, I could see the sadness in his eyes.

"No... But I will... I've decided that its best for everyone if I am to move on.." My voice was getting more plain now, devoid of any emotions.

"I... Dhruvika.. You..." He trailed off, and silence engulfed us again.

"I didn't hear anything from you.. No texts, no calls... All I heard was everybody including you asking me to move on.... I've had a big battle about it and once I'm decided, you show up??? What am I supposed to do... What was I supposed to do?? Wait for you?? I thought you and your mom had made it clear to me NOT to wait for you..." I was about to shout, but controlled, myself.. Whisper yelling at him..