55. Cherry or Naveen?

"She's awake... Naveen bhaiyya, dee is awake.." Rithu screamed.

Rithu.. I just woke up.. No big deal.. There is no need to publicize that..

Suddenly there were many sounds in the room, and I opened to see a dozen eyes prying on me.

And by a dozen, I mean a dozen. Rithu and Shikha were on either side of me on the bed, Papa and amma stood near the bedpost, Naveen right behind them and Kiran on the doorway.

Wow!!

Only one face missing...

"Why is everyone here?" I asked, as I bought the sheets to my neck.

"Why are we here? You tell me why we are here! Why we all are here!" Mom shouted, and Dad wrapped his arms around her.

"Amma..." I tried to sooth her, but she sat on the bed, and rubbed my feet.

"Can I talk with her please?" Mom asked, and respecting her wish, everyone else left the room.

I got up to sit back on the bed, looking down at my hands.

"Dhruvika, I want you to know that I am not just your mother, but your best friend too. Naveen told us, and you know what hurt me the most? That I had to hear it from someone else, and not you." She said, as she came closer to me.

"Amma... I.. I was.." I tried yo speak, but nothing came out.

"Now, I want to trust me. Tell me everything. And I'm not mother, I might judge you, I don't say I won't. But it is always for your good. And by your good I mean, your happiness and your safety." She said, as the moved the hair out of my face and tied it into a pony for me.

But after tying, she ran her hands across my neck, and I jolted

She saw the mark.

"You don't have to hide it. Now speak up, and this will stay between us." Mom said.

And I spoke up.

I told her everything, starting from the hospital incident, to what happened in that lawn, the date, the first kiss, and even what happened during Papa's attack, and him telling me his past, where I got cut off.

"So you knew about it? Right from then? So this Gunaa was back into scene since then?" She asked.

"Yes... I knew everything about Gunaa." I responded back.

"And you chose to stay with him, despite knowing all the danger that lay ahead of this decision?." She asked, pretty amused.

"Yes.. I did." I said.

"When did this happen? It doesn't look that old or this new" She asked, pointing at the bite mark.

I tried it cover it with the dress that I was now wearing, since the girls had changed me that long neck kurta.

"It looks like it happened yesterday." She said, getting into conclusions.

"How did you..??" I asked, shocked. Did Naveen tell them about yesterday?

"Our was an arranged marriage too, remember. It know what that is, how that is, and approximately when you got that."  She said, as she changed from the 'best friend' look to the 'strict mom' look.

Didn't Naveen tell her?

"Didn't Naveen tell you?" I asked, noe confused.

"Tell me what? Okay he told me that you two met up, and you talked about Charan, had a breakdown, he gave you meds, punched Charan and bought you here. But now I guess that the story isn't complete." She said, and I lowered my head.