28. Fighting over the clothes!!!

The drive went safe till we reached the house. Rithika kept on blabbering the whole way, and I never left Dhruvika's hands except to change gears. Even so, she would not move her hand from my side, and it delighted me.

We stopped on the way for dinner and again began to drive,which was again 4 more hours from where we were. We even played a game of anthakshari, and I realized one fact that both the sisters, were awesome singers.

There was a moment when Dhruvika even slept off, leaning on to my shoulder. The weight of her petite body leaned onto me, and Rithu still kept me awake, thanks to her long sleep at the starting of the car.

The final wall of uneasiness between me and Dhruvika was melting off. She became more open with me, telling me about life in the village, about her grandparents, how much they loved her, how much they will love me, everything.

7 hours with her seemed like only 70 minutes. Time flied faster whenever I was with her.

We had reached their house by 4 in the morning. Soon after we arrived, we were ushered in to meet Dhruvika's grandparents.

They seemed like very strict, and I was really impressed my Dada's knowledge. He was an ex military, and he seemed to be well impressed by my profession and my physique.

  We talked a lot about police strategies until it was too late and everyone asked us to sleep.

I couldn't talk to Dadi much, only once when we arrived. She was a heart patient and couldn't lack sleep at night.

She too was kind, very much opposite to Dada, she was like Dhruvika, while Dada was like me.

Dada had a great body still at this age, he walks daily, and follows a strict diet. And he loved his grand children a lot. And Dada was also happy to see me like him grandchildren. It felt as if I was already a part of their family.

I could see the happiness in Dhruvika's face watching us mingle with ease. There were at time I would simply stare at her, and times where I caught her staring at me.

The only difference between us was, when she catches me staring, her body will react to it with shyness, while I continues to stare. And when I catch her also, she will avert her eyes shyly, while I will began to stare at her.

Things went smoothly and we were asked to sleep. I was shown a room upstairs to sleep, while Dhruvika and Rithika slept to the room adjacent mine.

Maybe because of the tiredness of driving the whole night, I slept off straight after seeing the bed, not even bothering to change my dress or use the pillow and bed sheet. I was super tired.

I drifted off to sleep, thinking of the moment when Dhruvika slept in my shoulder. I took the nearby pillow and slept, cuddling it.

***************************************
The morning rays woke me up. I tried to sleep again, but I was an early riser, and sleeping again didn't seem so appealing.

I strained my eyes open against the light, stretching my body as far as I could do. That is when consciousness hit me.

The fan was on, my socks were removed, I was draped in the duvet, and the windows were open, my watch was neatly placed on the table.

I don't remember doing any of these things before sleeping. All I remember was locking the room and fall onto the bed after removing my purse and phone from the pocket.

I checked around the room for a cup of coffee. No, nothing. I checked the time, it was 6:14, later than my usual timing.

I took my phone and texted her. It has become a habit to text her good morning. But usually her reply would come only be 7:30 - 8:00. It was clear that she was not an early rooster.