54. Mission Kill Gunaa!!

"Are you okay? What happened to your dress?" Naveen asked as he took in my state, and the torn shawl.

I didn't answer but looked out the window.

I was past my hysteria, and was getting in control. But my heart still wept.

He came to me last night.. Kissed me, confessed his love only to ask me to forget everything..

I knew something was going on.. His trashed room and the bloody knuckles were enough to prove that.. But why would he let me go for that?? Was I only that much for him??

"Dhruvika.. You're worrying me.." Naveen said.

Soon after he came, I had a complete breakdown before him. I had asked him to just keep driving, I didn't wanna go home.

I looked at his face to only see him tensed. He deserves an explanation..

I told him everything that happened.. Omitting the part where we kissed and the bite.. And even today's events, but mentioning that things went overhand.. I didn't wanna go into details..

He leaned back onto the seat. He had parked the car somewhere to listen, and as I finished, he took my right hand and squeezed, giving me a reassuring smile.

Talking about him had made me cry again. So he chose not to ask any questions instead drove quietly.

Midway, he stopped in front of a pharmacy and gave medicines, that would help me relax.

The med did help me relax and I found myself slipping into a sleep devoid of any dreams..

******************************
I continued to stare at the photo that was send to my phone. When was it taken? How?

It was sometime before I left... And it was taken clearly from the window.. Did that person follow me in there or was he already looking for her?

Is she at least safe now? Does Gunaa know that we are back again and was he waiting for this moment..

She won't live long...

The message disturbed me.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. But before I could even answer it, Shikha came inside, followed by Kiran.

She stopped dead on tracks as she took in the state of the room..
"What the hell happened here? Where is Ruvee?" She stormed in, yelling at the top of her voice.

"I don't know..." I said, as I drowned my head in my palms.

"I asked where is Dhruvika.." She shouted..

"And I said I don't know..." I yelled back, equally angry.

"Shikha.. Go to my flat.. Go.. I will talk to him.." Kiran came forward, and he took her shoulders as he turned her out of the flat.

After whispering something, they both hugged and she left the place.

"You had no right to shout at her, she is just worried about her friend.. We can't contact her, she wouldn't pick up any calls.." Kiran said, and dread filled inside me.

Oh god.. How stupid am I.. Letting her go like that.. What if Gunaa already got her?

Why did I even let her go alone.. I thought she was safe away from me.. But no.. Only I can keep her safe.. Only I can keep her away from Gunaa..

"We need to go.." I said, as I took my jacket and walked towards the door.

"Wait.. I need to take Shikha.. She has no lift back home.. We'll drop her on the way.." Saying this, Kiran left to his room, and I sat back on the chair.