Chapter 2

"Guys, this is Mae. She is John's other daughter," Elena explains to the crowd in her living room. The guys in here were pretty attractive. "Mae, this is Stefan my boyfriend. The one next to him is Matt, Tyler, and Jeremy," she says pointing to everyone as they wave. I smile back to each one of them.

"I didn't want to interrupt your little gathering here, but do you know how our father died?" I ask all of them. Her eyes widen and she looks over to Stefan. I look at him and see that he's nodding at her.

"Our father died saving my life," she says looking down. Wait, is she serious? My father died because of her? "What happened," I ask her sternly. My father was the type of person to get murdered. I never would have expected him to go give up his life to save his daughter.

"I really can't tell you," she says looking down and fiddling with her fingers. I grab her shirt and pull her close to me. "You tell me now or I swear I will kill you," I say. Whenever I do this, it usually scares people. She just looked surprised as her pupils widen said, "I will tell you about John when you're ready. But for now, you are just going to be a sister to me." I nod and sit.

I'll ask her about John later. Being a good sister would be the first thing I should do. I should get to know her and her friends. "So where are you staying Mae?" Stefan asks me. "Oh, I just got in town today. I haven't looked at the hotels here yet I just went straight to the sheriff," I tell him. "Oh no need for that. You can live with me. I have a lot of room in my house and I'm the only one living there," he says smiling. "Are you sure? I mean, I can always find a hotel. It's no big deal," I say furrowing my eyebrows and trying to see if he really wanted me to stay in their house. The only thing I saw were his eyes. I've never seen that color before. It's like a brown and gold color. "It's no big deal really," he says smiling. "Thanks," I say getting up.

"I should probably go get my things from Caroline's house. I'll see you guys around," I say walking up to the door. "I should go show her where my house is so she can put her stuff in there. I'll talk to you guys later," Stefan says coming up behind me. "We can take my car," he says as we walk out the door.

We both go to Caroline's house and on the way there we talk about random things. He was the closest thing I've ever had to a friend and I just met him less than an hour ago. "Here we are," he says as he knocks on the door.

The sheriff looks through the curtain on her door and opens the door. "Back for your things?" She says smiling. "Please come in," she says and Stefan and I walk in the door. Stefan sees my luggage by the door and grabs all of them. "Do you need help?" I ask him. "Nah it's fine," he says smiling. That was some heavy luggage. How is he holding all of that? "Thank you sheriff," I say and walk out the door behind Stefan.

Right when we were about to get into the car a man comes up behind me. "Well hello there new girl," some voice says with a British accent behind me.