Chapter 3

I look behind me and see a very gorgeous man. I smile, "The name is Mae." "My name is Niklaus, people scared of me call me Klaus, and people close to me call me Nik," he says putting his hand out. I put my hand in his and say, "I'll be calling you Nik then." Nik kisses my knuckles not taking his eyes off of mine. "I like her Stefan. Where did you get her?" Nik says like I was property. Well that didn't last long. Then again, there are no nice guys left in the world. "She is Elena's sister," Stefan says rolling his eyes. "Interesting," Nik says looking back at me. "Well, I'll see you later Mae," Nik says walking away.

"Stay away from him. He is a very dangerous guy," Stefan says to me as he opens the door for me. I wait for Stefan to get into his seat. When he gets in the car I say, "But hes alright from what I just saw." "You may be on his good side right now, but that doesn't last long. So just trust me on this and stay away from him," Stefan says looking at me. I nod. Stefan isn't really the boss of me. I can do whatever I want. If I want to talk to hot british men, I will.

We get to this really old looking mansion and Stefan gets in the driveway. "You live here?" I ask him gawking at the house. I am a sucker for vintage and old looking things. "Yeah, come on in," he chuckles. I get out the door and walk to the back of the car to get my things, but Stefan beat me to it. I walk in behind Stefan and he just walks in. This man doesn't even lock his door. Whats wrong with him? I look around and see heaven. This whole place is full of vintage looking old things and they are beautifully put together in this house. "Come on, I'll show you you're room," he says and starts walking up the stairs. I walk after him and we stop at this door.

"This can be your room. The other rooms aren't really clean, so you can just have this room," Stefan says a little sad. I smile, "Thanks for letting me stay here." He smiles and nods and leaves the room. I go into the closet and I see man clothes. Like black dress shirts and suits. I just scoot them over in the closet and hang my clothes up.

After about 2 hours of cleaning up the room and putting my clothes and everything where I want them to be I lye on the bed. This has really been a crazy day. I found out I have a sister. And nope it doesn't stop there, my father died for her. I have never even met her. Dad spent more of his life taking care of me, he doesn't even know her that well and sacrifices his life for hers. That just isn't fair.

There was a knock on the door and then Caroline comes in. "Hey, all of us are going to the Grill. Want to come with us?" She says. I want to say no and take a nap, but my mouth just said yes. "Okay get ready, I'll be downstairs," she says and smiles. I groan and get up after she shuts the door. I go into the closet and grab a beige shirt, tights and black boots. I was about to walk downstairs when I heard Elena yell.

"I can't believe you gave her Damon's room. How could you?" she yells. "It's the only clean room Elena, calm down," Stefan says. "Ugh, why is she even here?" Elena says. "She wants to know how her father died. Wouldn't you want to?" Stefan says to her. Stefan is standing up for me. I'm starting to like him more and more every second.