Chapter 44

"Stefan, come on dance with me!" Elena says to a very bored Stefan. Yep we are at a party. What's the party about? "The No Klaus World." That was on the invitations, with a picture of me. Well, the picture was nice if I do say so myself. "Mae! Dance with me!" Matt yells. He was already on the dance floor. Matt was drunk off his ass. I shake my head and laugh. He rolls his eyes and pulls me to the dance floor. Ty wasn't here yet and I was getting bored. I could have gotten off of the dance floor, but then I would be drinking alone. I'd rather have someone to talk to.

Matt and I start doing the weirdest dance moves of all time. Jeremy joined us at one point and did this really weird dance move that made him look like he was having a stroke and a seizure at the same time. It would be terrible to actually have those two things at the same time, but Jeremy was dancing and trying to have fun. After about 30 minutes of dancing, I get off of the dance floor and go to the bar.

"Can I have some Bourbon please?" I ask the bartender. He nods and hands me a bourbon. "Nice choice Gilbert," someone beside me says. I look and see Damon standing there. I smile, "We did it Damon," I exclaim. "I would hug you right now, but people would look at me weird," I say looking around. I decided to just hug him anyways. He chuckles and drinks some of my drink. "So this is probably the last time I see you kiddo," he says looking in my eyes. I can see that he had grown attached to me just like I have grown attached to him. I frown, "but I like you." He chuckles. "I like you too. Can I give you some advise?" he says to me. I nod. "Tell Tyler how you feel about him. You don't know when you're going to die, when you're going to loose the chance of telling him that you love him more than anything. I know you think it's too early to be telling him these things, but I can tell that he feels the same way. He loves you more than anything and would do anything for you. He wanted you to be happy so he didn't tell you about his feelings. He wanted to be with you forever so helped train you. He didn't want to betray you so he wanted to get rid of Klaus so he would just be yours," He says.

"That's quite the speech Damon. Thanks. I really needed that. I'll tell him that I love him. I think it's time," I say smiling. He smiles, "Elijiah may have been the one, but Klaus always messes him up with that stupid promise they made to each other 6 billion years ago. But lets not talk about him, Tyler is the one. Don't have a doubt in your mind.". Man, I'm going to miss that pain in the ass. I hug him again. Never try to train with Damon. He was the biggest complainer ever. He was also the sweetest. He has this asshole act on, but in reality he just doesn't want to be hurt. Before I let go of the hug he was gone. I looked around and it seemed like nobody saw me basically hug myself since they couldn't see Damon.

Someone wrapped their arms around me and kissed my neck. I look over and see Ty. I smile. I turn around and give him a kiss. "You look beautiful tonight," he says genuinely smiling. "You look very beautiful too Mr. Lockwood," I say chuckling as he chuckles with me. "I wanted to tell you something tonight. I know it may be too early but-" he starts saying, but I interrupt him. "I love you," I say smiling. He looks shocked at first and then smiles wide, "I love you too. Gosh do you see us? We aren't even dating and we are saying I love you's." "Would you do me the honors of becoming my boyfriend Tyler Lockwood?" I ask him bowing down. "Hey, I'm supposed to ask that. But since you already asked, I would love to Mae Gilbert," he says pulling me close to his chest.

I pull out of the hug and kiss him. This kiss held all of our emotions. I honestly could see a future with this man. I couldn't imagine a future with any other man. Sparks that are supposed to go off when you meet the one were all over my body. We pull away and look at each other. He had the love in his eyes. I've always wanted someone to look at me like this. The way Stephan looks at Elena, the way Romeo looked at Juliet. He looked at me like that.

He grabbed my hand and we looked at all the people we love happy on the dance floor. Happiness that they all needed. This shows that we can all conquer anything that comes in our way and still be happy. We just have to see what comes in our way in the future.