Chapter 43

The Next Day

I run through the jungle. The tree branches in my face, but I don't care. All I care about is the person chasing me. Nik was chasing me. Not the normal Nik. The more bulky and stronger Nik. He was a lot stronger as a ghost. I kept running until I hit a tree and fell down.

"I finally got you didn't I? Now it's my turn to kill you," Nik says with a smirk on his face. He balls up his fist and punches me hard in my face.

"Mae!" Ty says shaking me. I look up at him with confusion on my face. "Are you okay? You were shaking and sweating. Bad dream?" he says rubbing my arm. "Yeah I'm fine and yeah, I guess it was just a bad dream," I say with a fake smile plastered on my face.

That dream felt so real. I really felt a punch on my face. My heart was racing and everything. I try to lay back down in bed and I feel something rubbing against my shin. I throw the blankets off of me and see a tree branch. I gulp. This can't be real. Maybe a tree branch got stuck on me yesterday when we were running through the woods.

"Mae. Really, are you okay? You know you can talk about anything with me," Ty says. I smile. "I'm fine Ty don't worry," I say kissing his cheek and cuddling up to him.

"Do you think Nik can ever come back?" I ask him out of the blue. Jeremy came back from the dead. Maybe Klaus can too. "I don't think so. The witches would not like that. Plus that Bennett witch destroyed him. Mae, don't worry about that. You are safe, as long as I'm here, nothing will harm you," He says kissing my forehead.

At that moment, I knew. Ty was the one. He cares about me like no one ever has. He takes care of me, he always knows what to say to make me feel better. I also believe that as long as he is by my side, nothing will harm me. I may be stronger than him, but even the Hulk needs some reassurance sometimes.

I look up at him and see his soft but hard eyes. Just by looking at his eyes you can see the struggle he has gone through. The abandonment he has felt. I want to take all that away. I only want him to feel happy. Is it too soon to love him?

A/N:

This story is coming to an end soon! I've had so much fun writing this story. I know it may not be good, but it's the first story that I actually finished writing. I love the really long stories with all the details, but when I try to do that I never end up finishing and it gets boring. I feel like this story will end up pretty great. I hope you guys liked it! I have 600+ reads man! That's great! Thank you all for all for actually reading this story! I love you all!