Chapter 40

After our run, more like his run, we go to a snow cone place. "I need to be cooled down, I just ran like 16 miles," Ty says sweating. I laugh. "What flavor do you want? I'll get them, you sit," I say putting my hands on his shoulders and making him sit on the bench. "I want the blue one," he says relaxing.

I nod and go up to the counter. "Can I help you?" The old lady in the snow cone truck. "I want one medium rainbow and one medium blueberry," I say pulling 10 dollars out and putting it on the counter. "Oh hell no," Ty says from behind me and shoves the money I put back in my pocket and puts his 10 dollars on the counter. I stare at him with a "are you serious" look on my face. "Hey, you agreed to a date, I'm paying," he says. I roll my eyes.

"You two are an adorable couple. I can see you guys getting married one day," the old woman says as she hands us the snow cones. "Thank you," Ty and I say at the same time then look at each other with amused faces.

We go back to the bench and eat our snow cones. "Are you ready to take down Klaus?" Ty says with a bunch of ice in his mouth. "Try me," I say smirking. "Actually, I've seen you kick Elijiah's ass. I think you're ready," he says chuckling. "So Elijiah, will you get back with him if he apologizes?" Ty says sitting up straight. "I thought about that. Him and I will never be back to the way we were. And I did have a connection with him, but it wouldn't have lasted long. I'm supposed to be killing his brother. He was just helping me train," I say truthfully. He nods. "Aw are you jealous?" I say chuckling. "Shut up," Ty says rolling his eyes making me laugh more. "Don't be jealous," I say rubbing his back. "Well, I could see how in love you were with him. I don't know if you could ever look at me like that," he admits. "I don't look at you like that now, but I will over time. He was my first kiss, that's why I looked at him like that," I say to him. "That makes sense. But why haven't you kissed anyone before him?" "I spent most of my time taking care of the house and my dad. And I was a loner in school," I say shaking my head. "Well now, you don't have to worry about anything, I'll take care of you," Ty says putting an arm around me. "Why do people think you're a douche? You're a sweetheart," I chuckle snuggling into him. "I'm just a sweetheart to you punk," he says chuckling.

We leave the snow cone place and we start walking. We walk all around town, and when I got tired, I got a piggy back ride. I can get use to this.