Chapter 7

After we all ate dinner, we go and sit on the couch. "So Mae, tell us a little about you," Rebekah suggested. "Well what would you like to know?" I ask her. I can't really think of things off the top of my head, I need something that tells me what they would want to know. "Tell us about the place you lived before here and your school," she said putting her right leg over her left. "This is going to take a while so bare with me," I say chuckling a bit.

"I was born in California, in a little town. I can't remember the name. I lived there till I was 4 then we moved to Florida. I've lived there almost my whole life. It was always just my dad and I. I never knew anything about my mother, and honestly, I didn't care. My dad was tgreat. We use to do everything together. Well, when he was home. He use to be gone for like 3 months and then come back home. I never knew when he left or when he came back. He never told me about what kind of job he had or anything. I think that caused me to be as reserved as I am now. I barely open up to anyone and tell anyone what I'm feeling. Now apparently, I have a sister. He use to come visit her. It's kind of hard, finding out that your dad spent more time loving some other girl and not you. Then Elena told me he died saving her somehow. That fueled my rage. I kind of felt betrayed. My own dad, killed himself saving this girl. Shes a complete bitch by the way," I say as my voice decreased in every sentence and chuckling at the end. They all chuckle at me calling Elena a bitch. "Well, this got depressing. How about we talk about you guys, tell me about your past," I say chuckling lightly.

I look up and they all had sympathetic faces. "It's fine, really. John is dead," I repeat. I don't have to worry about him anymore.

"Well darling, we are quite interesting. But, we can't tell you about us yet. You need more time to settle in and learn the truth about this town," Nik says to me putting his hand on my knee. I nod. I guess he's right. I need to find out why everyone thinks he's dangerous.