Chapter 15

*phone rings*

I look at my phone and see that Care is calling me. Aw, I haven't talked to her in a while. Meaning, I didn't talk to her yesterday. It kind of felt like forever.

Hello?

Hey Mae? Can you come over? I need your opinion on what dress I should wear tonight.

Sure. When do you want me to come?

Like, right now.

Okay, I'll ask Elena to drop me off.

No. Come alone.

Why? Care, whats wrong?

Okay love, you caught me. Come over to Care's house alone. If you come with someone, I'll slash her throat, and if you don't get here in the next 20 minutes, shes a goner. I'd hurry. -Nik

Nik.

Yep that's my name. -Nik

I'll be there.

*call ended*

Nik is dangerous. I get that now. "Hey Stefan, I'm going out," I yell loudly so he would hear me. I walk out the door and start walking towards Care's house. I can't tell anyone or he would kill Care. I can't let that happen. My phone buzzes and Elijiah was calling. I can't answer. I hesitantly press the decline button.

I finally get to Care's house and knock on the door. "Nik, I'm here and I'm alone," I yell. The door opens and Nik's head pops out. "No need to yell love. Come in, Join the fun," Nik says opening the door wider and stepping to the side so I could walk in. I walk into the living room and see Care tied up with ropes and smoke coming off her skin. Vervain. I walk over to her and start to untie her ropes. Before I finish untying her hands Nik says, "Nu uh uh." Nik says getting me up by grabbing my hair and pulling it up.

"What do you want?" I ask Nik sternly. He chuckles. "It's so cute. You think you're brave," Nik says pulling my hair even more. I shut my eyes tightly.

*Phone rings*

Nik reaches into my pocket, that happens to be my back pocket and looks at who was calling. "Aw look, Elijiah is calling," Nik says in a sweet voice. He clickes the call button and starts talking.

Hello brother.

Nik? Why do you have Mae's phone?

Because shes here with me.

If you even lay a fingernail on her, I swear to god, I will kill you myself.

Brother, you haven't killed me yet. You won't kill me over a stupid girl.

Oh, this time I will.

*call ended*

"Hmm, my brother seems to be very protective over you. He will be here any minute now," Nik says coming close to me. Too close. I put my hands on his chest and attempt to push him off. Just then, Elijiah bursts through the door. He looks and Nik and I and looks confused. "Ah welcome brother," Nik says smirking and looking back. I take this moment to get out of his grasp, but he stops me. "Love, don't even try. It won't work," Nik says chuckling. I sigh.

"Nik let her and Caroline go," Elijiah says walking over to us. Nik presses his lips on mine.