Chapter 5

*phone rings*

Ugh who is calling me this early. I feel up the whole nightstand trying to grab my phone without opening my eyes. I feel my phone and open my eyes to see it's an unknown number. I touch the answer button and put it up to my ear.

Hello?

Hello love.

Nik?

You remember me!

Its hard to forget a man like you.

I guess that's true. I got your number from a little birdie. I was wondering if you wanted to come over tonight? My family and I are having a little get together. I'm sending over a dress for you to wear if you decide to come you're invited. I'll just text you the address.

That actually sounds fun. I'll be there.

Great. I'll send you the address and time now. See you there love.

Bye Nik.

*end of call

I just got here yesterday and I'm invited to a family gathering. I'm a pro friend maker! I get up out of bed and go into the bathroom and do my business and brush my teeth. I walk out of the bathroom and see a box sitting on my bed. I walk up to it and see a note on it.

"I hope you like it love
   Nik"

I smile at it. How is this man dangerous? Why does Stefan want me to stay away from him? He's such a sweet guy. I open the white box and see a beautiful maroon dress.

I'm no girly girl, but I'm really excited to put this dress on. I check my phone to see if Nik has texted me anything and see that he texted me the address and told me to get there at 7. I look at the time and see that it's 1 p.m. Did I really sleep for that long?

I open my door and walk downstairs. I see Stefan in the kitchen cooking something. His back was towards me and he says, "finally awake sleepy head?" "How did you know I was awake?" I ask him. His back was towards me, he couldn't see me walk down the stairs. "You have loud feet Mae," he says laughing. "I've been told that before," I laugh. "Here I made you some coffee and some of my famous omelets," Stefan says handing me a plate with a gorgeous omelet on it and a cup that had some coffee in it. "I love you man," I say to him and gobble up the omelet while he chuckles.

"So Nik invited me to a family gathering at his house," I say to Stephan cautiously. "Yeah I know, I put the box on your bed," he says looking at me. "I think you'll be safe there. He seems to like you," Stephan says smiling. "I like him too. He's sweet," I smile.

"Do you like him more than a friend?" Stephan asks me. "Oh no. He is only a friend. Plus I just met him for like a minute yesterday. I can't possibly like him," I say with wide eyes. He is pretty handsome, but I don't have feelings towards him, not yet anyways. "What about Tyler? You guys seemed pretty close yesterday," Stefan says smiling. "Nah he's a friend too," I smile back. 

"Well I should get going, Elena must be waiting for me. I think you should call Caroline, she would love to dress you up for tonight. I put all of our numbers on your nightstand," Stefan says grabbing his jacket from the couch. "That sounds like a good idea, thanks. Have fun, but not too much fun," I yell behind him laughing.

After finishing cleaning the dishes, I walk upstairs and go to the nightstand. There was everyone's number there. I went down the list and saw Caroline's number. I get my phone out of my pocket and call Caroline.

Hey, Caroline?

Hey, Mae?

Yeah, I was wondering if you could help me get ready. Nik, this guy I met yesterday, invited me to his family gathering and even sent me a dress.

Uh hell yeah! I'll be over in a few minutes!

Great! I'll take a shower in the mean time.

Good girl. See you in a bit!

Bye!

*call ended*