Chapter 20

"Mae get down here! Old man is here!" Ty yells from downstairs. I roll my eyes. He will seriously get hurt by Elijiah one day.

I walk downstairs and I see Elijiah looking up at me. "You look beautiful," Elijiah says putting his hand out for me. I put my hand in his and he kisses my knuckles, "thanks. Ty helped me choose the outfit," I say laughing. "You gotta admit, you want her more now," Ty says butting in. "Ty, shut up before I beat you up again," I say rolling my eyes. "You heard her. She's mine!" Elijiah yells like a little boy and runs out of the house carrying me on one hand.

"Oh my gosh, I thought you would have dropped me," I say laughing as he opens the door for me. "I would never drop you. Plus I'm a original vampire, I've picked up things 30 times heavier than you. You are a feather," he says shaking his head and closing my door. He runs to the other side of the car with his vampire speed and sits down. "Sometimes, I forget you're a vampire. But then I remember that you're like a 1000 year old man," I say laughing.

If someone told me about vampires being real last year I would have slapped their faces and laughed. But now, I'm going on a date with one.

"So what are we going to do at the park," Elijiah asks me as he starts driving. "That's for me to know and you to find out," I say flipping my hair trying to be sassy. "Aren't the men supposed to ask out the women?" Elijiah says laughing. "This is a different world old man, but everyone was still shocked that I asked you out on a date. Can a girl not take control?" I say putting my hands up. "I am no old man. I'm 32," he says acting like he's flipping his hair. "I'm 19. And you have been 32 for 1000 years," I say shaking my head.

I really don't have a problem with the age, but other people seem like they would. If my dad was here, he would have kicked my ass back to Florida.

"You're really 19? Gosh you're young," he says looking out the window. "Nah, I'm the oldest Gilbert," I say. I am. I'm Jeremy and Elena's older sister. I just haven't known about them my entire life, but hey, it's never too late. "You sure are. And we are here," Elijiah says parking the car against the curb. I open my door and start walking. Within seconds Elijiah was behind me.

My plan for today was to bring out the little kid in Elijiah. His childhood must have been taken away from him since he is so mature. Well that, and he has lived over a few centuries. "The swings?" Elijiah asks as we get near the swings. "Yep. You're going to sit on the swing and I'm going to push you," I say smiling. "How about the other way around?" He asks looking at me.

"Ha no. I planned this date and in my plan it said that you were going to be on the swing and I will push you," I say making him sit on one of the swings. "What if it breaks?" He asks looking behind him to where I was standing. "It won't break. Just trust me on this," I say as I start pushing him lightly. "Well if I am on a swing, push me harder woman!" He yells making me laugh. I push him hard a couple of times and he started going very high. He was laughing and enjoying himself. "Oh my gosh, this is so fun," he says as he kept swinging.

He starts to stop with his feet. "Get on the swing right next to me. We are going to have a contest. I bet you I can go higher than you," he says sticking his tongue out.

I bet you can't imagine Elijiah doing that. Being childish and having fun, but he really was having fun. He was being childish and he looked a lot younger.

I sit on the swing right next to his and start swinging. I start swinging by myself using my legs and he was struggling. "Damn it. How are you doing that," he says putting his legs up in the air but it did nothing but make him look like an idiot. I laugh, "it's a secret." "Tell me or ill compel it out of you," he says laughing with me.