Chapter 33

"I was able to do that before. But they got sucked into that black hole and then I couldn't see them," Jeremy says. "Yeah, Damon said that he is the only one who got permission or something," I say. "Did he say anything about me?" Elena asks. Stefan immediately looks at her. I can't really tell the look on his face, but I'm sure he feels hurt or jealous. But, why be jealous? Damon is dead like a rock.

"Thanks sweetheart. I know I'm as dead as a door nail. But tell Elena that I have no message for her. She really needs to stay happy with my brother," he says with a smile. A genuine smile. I nod.

"Elena, he has no message for you," I say smiling sympathetically. She did love him once. It must have been hard to have hope for him to come back, but he didn't.  She just nods.

"Stefan feels like he is the rebound from me. But, Stefan and Elena were meant for each other. I was just in the middle. I knew it was never going to be just Elena and Damon. The doppelgangers are meant to be together," Damon says like he would be sad about it, but he really didn't have an expression on his face. I guess he had a lot of time to think about all this. "How long have you been dead?" I ask him. "I don't really know, but it feels like 50 years," he says chuckling.

"Wait, he's here?" Care asks. "Say no," Damon says sternly. "No, he's not here. I was just hoping that if I asked him a question, he would pop up," I said making up a last minute excuse. She just nods believing me. I should be an actress. "I can read your mind, you know," Damon says chuckling. I blush. Maybe he has heard other things I have thought of.

"No sweetheart, nothing embarrassing," he says chuckling.  I smile and sigh. Thank god. "Mae, you need to kill that son of a bitch as fast as you can," Ty says walking in the door. Oh, he wasn't here.  Then I noticed something unusual.  Ty looked good. He looked handsome. I've never seen him like that. "Honey, you should start seeing him like that. You guys would make a good couple. Plus, his heartbeat just quickens when hes around you. This is why he is always there for you when you need him, he really really likes you, maybe even love," Damon says smiling widely. I stare at him wide eyed.

Did Ty really like me? More than a friend? I never thought about him like that. Maybe I should start. I am not ready yet though.

"He is planning on making an army to go against Mae," Ty says looking at me with a dark expression. "He will kill you Mae," Ty says. "No, he won't. I will learn how to fight. I will become as strong as his army is," I say. I really believe I can, and I will.