Chapter 18

Ty hugs me so tight. "It's nice to know someone missed me," I chuckle hugging him back. "I thought you had died. Nik is dangerous," Ty says through my hair. "He seems to have a soft spot for me. Rebekah didn't have to convince him much to let me go," I explain to him rubbing his back. This is literally the longest hug I've been in. I let go of him and he looks down at me. I smile and ruffle his hair. "I may be half vampire, but I still like to be petted," he says laughing. I laugh back.

"I have to call Elijiah. He thinks I'm in New Orleans," I say. "Care probably still has my phone. Can I borrow yours?" I ask him. "Yeah, here. I have Elijiah's number," Ty says dialing Elijiah's number. It rings a couple of times and then he picks up.

Hello Tyler? Did you find anything? Do you know where she is?

Yep. She's in her room safe and sound. She is also missing her favorite vampire.

Oh Mae. I thought I lost you. I'll be in your room by tonight. It's kind of a far run.

Take your time. I thought I had lost you when Nik kept banging your head against the wall.

You aren't losing me anytime soon.

Well hurry up then! I miss you.

You are so bipolar. I'll be there at night. Give the phone to Tyler.

Hey man. -Tyler

Can you stay with her tonight till I come back?

Of course. -Tyler

Keep her safe. Lay a finger on her and I kill you.

You got it. But man, I full on hugged her. I layed more than a finger on her. -Tyler

Watch it. I'm not kidding. I thought I lost her and now shes safe. I'm counting on you to keep her safe.

Man, I'm just messing with you. I want her safe too. I'll keep her safe. Now you just hurry here before she starts coming out to look for you. -Tyler

Alright. Bye.

Bye. -Tyler

*Call ended*

"Now, I think you need a nap. Go to sleep, I'll wait for Elijiah," Ty says putting his phone back in his pocket. "But I want to wait for him," I whine. "Nope you are going to sleep or I'll knock you out. Your choice," Ty says crossing his arms. I sigh and lay down on the bed. I fell asleep instantly.

I wake up and try to stretch, but an arm on my waist stops me. I open my eyes to see Ty in front of my eyes. But, his arm wasn't around me. I look behind me and see Elijiah, sound asleep. I smile. "Stop staring at me and smiling. Its creepy," Elijiah says without opening his eyes. What? How does he know I'm staring at him and smiling? "I swear, you act like a teenager. You need to stop hanging out with my friends," I whisper. I don't want to wake Ty up.

Ty starts to stir in his sleep and I freeze. He stretches his arm, still in his sleep, and puts a hand over my stomach. His arm was so close to Elijiah's, which was also on me. Elijiah gets up to were he could see Ty and shoves his arm off of me. I chuckle. "This boy needs to keep his hands to himself," Elijiah mutters. "He is my best friend. Nothing more. Best friends touch each other, well they do in movies," I whisper. "Yeah well, at the end they kiss. That's what always happens," He says moving his fingers in his hair.

"I plan on that happening."