Chapter 31

"Come on! I want to dance," Ty said. He has never held me like this. It feels like it means something else, but it doesn't. At least I don't think. "You want me to dance at that monsters sisters birthday?" I say furrowing my eyebrows. "No I just want you to dance with me. Forget the birthday girl and her family," he says pulling me to the dance floor. Since this was an elegant party, there was only slow music playing.

"Ty, I don't know how to dance," I whisper in his ear. "Just follow my lead," he says putting one hand on my waist and holding my other hand. I put one hand on his shoulder and one hand was in Ty's hand.

"Ouch," was what Ty said almost every minute. "I told you, I can't dance," I say about to walk off of the dance floor when he pulls me back and twirls me and then dips. "Just keep your feet on my feet," he says pulling me out of the dip and picking me up so that I could stand on his feet. I feel like I'm so heavy, but he is dancing like I weigh nothing. "I feel like I'm crushing you," I say looking down at our feet. "You're like a twig, shut up," he says shaking his head.

I look around to see if anyone is watching us and I see the familiar soft brown eyes. I turn back to Ty and stay silent. "May I?" A familiar voice says behind me.

"Hell no," Ty says holding on to me tighter. "I need to talk to her and explain," Elijiah says. "You don't deserve anything. You don't deserve my attention, you don't deserve Ty's. Get away from my friends or else I will personally make that white oak tree grow again and stake you," I say getting off of Ty's feet and getting close to Elijiah. Not in a loving way at all, I think I even saw him gulp in fear. He nods and leaves us alone. "Wow, you're good," Ty says. "Yeah," I mutter looking down.

I never would have thought I could be that mean to someone I might had loved. But he deserved that, and much more. He is a horrible person. I mean, who lets their hybrid brother get ahold of your soon to be girlfriend. Oh wait, he never had feelings for me. That's why.

"Hey let's get out of here," Ty says using a finger to push my chin up. I nod and smile weakly. We leave the party and start driving home.

"Why did you guys take me there?" I asked Ty in the car. "We thought that maybe it would help you move on a bit if you saw him," he says. "Seriously? It has barely been a day! How am I supposed to move on from someone that quickly?" I yell. Ty just stayes quiet and listens to my rant.

All of them are so in for it in the morning. Specially Care, she gave me the dress and left knowing where we were going. She didn't even ask if I wanted to go or not.