Chapter 34

"Dude, you're a natural," Jeremy says looking at me amazed. I smirk. "Oh I know, I'm just perfect." "Aye, little Miss. Perfect, lunch time," Ty yells. We were in the jungle training and Ty had gone out to get us all some food. It was Jeremy, Matt, Damon, Ty, and of course me. Yep, Damon doesn't get off of my back. "No wait, I was going so good," I whine as Jeremy ran towards Ty's car. Ugh, stupid boys. They are always hungry.

I run to the car and Jeremy hands me a Spicy Chicken Sandwich from McDonald's. I don't like McDonald's much but I do like that sandwich. "Was she really doing good?" Ty asks Jeremy. He is the only one who could actually benefit from all this. He is going to be pulled my Nik any day and if Nik isn't alive he won't be his slave anymore. That's why he is so worried about my training. He wouldn't be worried about me. Why would he? We are just friends. I'm nothing more to him.

"Hello," a voice said coming from the opposite direction. We all look and see Elijiah. "What are you doing here?" Jeremy says getting up. "Sit down, I'm not here to hurt you or anything, I just want to give you some advise. Nik is planning a surprise attack. Mae you better be ready on anyday and any second of the day," Elijiah says looking at me. "Does he know where I am everyday?" I ask him. I have to get answers and he is my only hope now. I don't expect him to give me the right answer, but I need something to go on. "He does. He has some hybrids on your back," Elijiah says looking around. "Is Ty one of them?" I ask. You can't ever be to sure.

"Nik can compel Ty, so sometimes yes," Elijiah says honestly. "Why are you even helping us? You should be helping your brother. Bro's before hoe's," I say rolling my eyes at the end. "You won't believe me when I say it, but I really had true feelings for you. When my brother told me to take you to that place downtown, I told him no. He said that he would kill Bekah. I don't want that," he says coming closer to the car. I nod.

"Thanks," Matt says smiling a little. "No problem, I'll come update you guys as soon as I get something," he says and then runs away with his vampire speed.

"That is something I did not expect," Jeremy says finally sitting down. I love how he stands up for to protect his friends and family. I walk over to Jeremy and hug him tight. "Uhm, what's this for? Remember, we are the only people that aren't obsessed with hugging," he says chuckling and rubbing my back. "I know, but I don't know," I say making no sense. "You just protect anyone you care for. Like you just stood up, if Elijiah had done something, he would have to go through you. You have been through a lot and I feel like people don't appreciate you enough. I just wanted to hug you and let you know that I appreciate you," I say to him. He grabs my shoulder and pulls me out of the hug and looks at me for a second before hugging me really tight. I smile. "Thanks Mae. You're the older sister that I can actually relate to and talk to. I can't talk to Elena about anything. We use to be close, but since Stefan, we haven't been that close," he says. "Well, what are sisters for? Come talk to me whenever you need to take something off of your chest," I say.

"Group hug!" Ty yells as he tackles both of us but pulls us back in place so we don't fall down. Then Matt comes and hugs us. "Way to ruin a brother-sister moment," I say rolling my eyes.

Jeremy has needed a father figure. This Alaric dude needed a break from everything. So he just got up and left Jeremy. He is still a teen, and he acts like a grown up. I'll be the father-best friend- and sister he never had.