Chapter 38

"I knew he liked you Mae, I've told you before," Elijiah says. "Oh come on, it's no big deal. He was just messing around. Even if he did why do you care," I ask him rolling my eyes. "Oh no he isn't," Elijiah says ignoring my question and looking at me with "those eyes." "You're not the boss of me weakling," I say pushing Elijiah a bit. "Are you serious?" He asks. "As serious as a heart attack," I said smirking.

"Hey, hey. Don't start a fight over me. I was just kidding," Ty says coming up behind me. "Yeah okay, plus its not like we are dating, you can't control what I do," I say. "Well I can control you by compelling you," Elijiah says. "You can't control this," I say turning my back towards him and face Ty. I move close to him and place my lips on his. He was shocked at first, but then he placed his hands on my hips and started kissing back. I put my hands on his neck and pull him closer. His lips were so soft. The kiss was sweet at first, but then it got passionate. His hands were at the hem of my shirt and he was about to pull it up, but a voice interrupted us.

"You guys are not having sex here. Ty get your hands off my sister," Jeremy says. I put my hands on Ty's chest and turn around and chuckle at Jeremy's face. He was scowling and he was about to attack Ty but he knew that Ty was a hybrid and was stronger than him. I turn my head back around and see Ty looking at me. His hands were still on my hips. "Elijiah was right. I have always liked you. But, I just want you to be happy. I was willing to just be your best friend. I know you did this just to get on his nerves, but I just wanted to tell you," he says looking down at his shoes.

I put a finger under his chin and push it upward so his eyes are looking into mine. "Honestly, at first I only saw you as a friend. But, these few days, I started seeing you as something more. I saw how adorable and sexy you are at the same time and I didn't know where all this was coming from. But then I realized, I've always liked you, I just didn't know it," I say lightly chuckling at the "adorable and sexy" part. His eyes widen.

"You're not messing with me right?" he says pulling me closer to him. His embrace is soft and comforting. "I'm not, why would I do that?" I say tilting my head to the side. He smiles brightly and pulls me into a hug. I chuckle and hug him back, putting my hands on his back. I open my eyes while I was still hugging him and see Elijiah leaving.

I did feel bad, but not that bad. He deserves it. He can't control me.