Chapter 8

I left the Mikaelson's house at about 12 a.m. when the big clock in their living room went off. Time really flies. Elijiah offered to drop me off at Stefan's house. Elijiah did seem very different from Rebekah and Nik. Nik seemed controlling, but he also had a nice side. Rebekah also had a nice side, but if she doesn't like you, she could be the biggest bitch ever. And then there was Elijiah, he was so different, he's honest, caring, and he doesn't let people down.

"Here we are. By the way, if you ever need anything, call me. Here is my number," Elijiah says to me. I take the business card he had taken out of his wallet. "Why thank you. You're very professional," I chuckle. He chuckles, "I actually don't even have a job, I don't know why I carry these." That made me laugh a little more. He stares at me and chuckles.

"Did I tell you that you look beautiful?" Elijiah says smiling a little. I smile, "Thanks. But, I look great everyday," I say flipping my hair. "I just ruined the moment didn't I?" I ask him laughing nervously. He laughs and nods. "I make weird jokes when I'm nervous. I'm sorry," I laugh nervously again. Whats wrong with me? "It's fine, don't worry. Now you should get inside before Stefan gets on your case," Elijiah says grabbing my hand and kissing it. I blush and mumble thanks. I walk out of the car and into the house.

As I walk in I see Stefan and Elena making out on the couch. "Ew, guys get a room," I joke and cover my eyes. "Yeah well you should get another place to stay," Elena snaps. "You know what, I'm done with your shit, I will go stay with someone else. I will also find out what you did to my dad, by myself," I snap and run upstairs to gather my things.

"Mae, listen to me. You aren't going to leave. Just forget Elena. Shes just being a bitch right now," Stefan says from outside my door. I get up from the floor, were I was packing my things and open the door. "No I get it, I wouldn't want a girl in my boyfriends house either. I'll leave in the morning. Tyler said that I could stay with him if I ever wanted to," I say to Stefan nicely. "Shes actually not mad about you staying in the house with me. Shes just mad about the fact that you're living in my brothers room. My brother was her boyfriend. He died," Stefan says quietly.

That explains a lot. "Well, why didn't you tell me this before? I'd be happy to move into another room if it makes her stop being bitchy," I tell him. He nods and points to a room right next to this one. "You can stay in there. I'll try to clean it up right now," he says walking in the direction of the room. "Wait. I'll clean it. I am going to be staying in that room so I should be the one cleaning it," I tell him walking out the door and going into that room.

It wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. I just had to wash the bed sheets and the blanket, clean the bathroom, and throw away the trash. I walk out the door to see Stefan. "I'll move in here in the morning. I'm kind of tired right now. Goodnight Stefan," I say smiling and walking into my room.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.