Chapter 1

9th of March 1854

General POV.

"You still up to this?" Harry's best friend asked in his Irish accent. Harry never knew why Niall was such an anxious person that had to ask the same question 17 times in 24 minutes, but of course the question wasn't all what he spoke. Niall always had something to say.

"Yes, I am Niall. C'mon it's our first visit to Wolverhampton and you don't want to do any adventure?" Indeed it was their first visit and because their parents were so close, the boys did all travelling together so basically Niall wasn't just a friend to Harry, he was family.

 "No not really, but I will gladly prefer the buying-ice-creams-without-taking-mum-and-dad's-permission type of adventure over the let's-explore-the-darkest-and-freakiest-forest-with-a-single-flashlight-that-we-stole-from-my-brother type of adventure."

"I won't apologize for rejecting the thought of hearing what you just said." Harry took a sip from the water bottle they brought from the mini-market next to their houses.

"Of course, you won't." Niall rolled his eyes at his best friend that kept a fixed pace towards the woods that had already came in sight.

"Okay, we're close now." Harry smiled excitedly.

"Oh my." Niall on the contrary sounded terrified as he fumbled with the flashlight.

As Harry began pushing the tree branches to enter the forest Niall's heart pounded as if a train was about come eradicate them both. 

"Harry please, tell me you're backing out now." Niall's hand shook as he held the flashlight. Harry didn't know whether it was from the coldness of the winter or from fear.

"We didn't step forward to back out." Harry clarified so that Niall would be motivated or at least stop attracting the brave to the cowards' zone. Not that he thought of Niall as a coward, it was just a general thought. Note to self probably.

At that moment, Harry and Niall were kind of deep inside the woods. Quick steps of something or someone occurred from the back, Niall immediately turned back with the flashlight, depriving Harry from that narrow streak of light that showed him what was yet to come.

"Niall the light!" Harry yell-whispered.

"Why are you whispering? We're alone, Harry. WHY DID YOU WHISPER? DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THAT MIGHT HAVE BEEN A FOX CHASING US OR SOMETHING?" Niall started losing it, but all Harry did was smile because he knew how dead boring this would've been if he had a challenging best friend as himself.

"Niall, we'll be fine." Harry squeezed his mate's shoulder.

Niall's flashlight showed what was behind Harry and as Niall nodded and mumbled something about best friends, the words failed to continue his sentence and his eyes widened.

"OH MY GOD HARRY, THAT WAS SOMETHING! SOMETHING I SWEAR IT WAS A DARK FIGURE WITH FUR RIGHT BEHIND YOU! OH MY GOD!" Niall was all over the place pointing the flashlight anywhere and everywhere, aim-fully aimless.

"Niall, Jesus! calm down." Harry held him from both shoulders this time.

"You don't believe me, do you? Well, believe this, Styles. If anything happens to you, I will not only kill you, I WILL TORTURE YOU!" Niall threatened. 

"Okay, we'll leave soon, but I just need to check out further alright?" Harry looked him dead in the eyes. Niall nodded.

They moved forward and Harry started to get bored all he could hear was Niall's quick breaths and occasional quick steps of "the fox" as Niall referred to it.