Chapter 39

General POV.

Mia slept under the influence of the extreme exhaustion. She and Harry leaned their backs against the wall next to Louis and she kept weeping on his shoulder until she fell asleep. Harry carried her lightly and quietly and rested her on the couch.

He stood next to Louis, both of them starring out the window.

"You didn't change much." Louis started a conversation.

"Neither have you." Harry smiled.

"Thank you, Louis. You're truly a loyal friend, I vow to always be there for you." Harry said sincerely after a few silent moments, facing Louis but the latter continued to look out the window.

"It's okay. Besides, I'm happy you got over Grace." Louis said, winking at Mia.

"Oh. No, I'm not over it." Harry said picking out the list, and showing it to Louis.

"Hang on a second...... You son of a bitch!" Louis exclaimed and Harry nodded, gazing back at the forest through the window.

"Does she know?" Louis asked.

"She will soon." Harry replied.

"Wow. You can really pull off an act." Louis said, still amazed.

"Yes. Thank you." Harry replied mindlessly.

"So, now that we're in Bradford, where's the city's guardian?" Louis asked trying to lighten up the mood.

"Dead." Harry said grimly. A brick expression on his face.

"Oh my God. Dear lord, I'm so sorry." Louis apologized.

"Thank you."

"I know you guys were close but excuse my bluntness, have you any idea who killed him?"

"Josh Harrison."

"What?! That's some messed up shit that happened. I really need to keep up." Louis said with a head shake.

"Indeed."

"Please tell me you've given up your crazy plan." Louis pleaded.

"Come on, he just killed Zayn, you know me better than that." Harry indicated a no.

"Harry, what if somebody found out?" Louis tried to persuade him.

"I'm a Gamer, Louis. I have tons of backup plans." Harry smirked, cockily.

"Right. You keep feeding us this crap, you shit mastermind." Louis snickered.

"I-I'm alive. I'm not breathing." David appeared in the hallway, inspecting his hands.

"David?" Harry didn't know how to express the relief.

David's head snapped up at his name and he murmured something, twisting his neck and revealing the remarkable bite that covered his neck in blood.

"You!" David shouted, pointing at Harry.

He took large vengeful steps forward, his eyes dangerous and his face fuming. He forcefully wrapped his fingers around Harry's neck, slamming the back of his head to the window as he pinned him.

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME!" He said, slamming Harry's head one more time and the glass behind Harry's head cracked, a little blood dripping from the crack.

"HeyHeyHey! He saved your life that's what." Louis interfered.

"Dave?" Mia had been awake but too stunned to speak and now she finally found her voice.