Chapter 41

General POV.

The vamps were all over the place, reaching out for anybody's help. They wanted to grasp any information about their Master but given their wrathful loyalty, Harry refused to share what he'd learned had happened to Louis Tomlinson.

He found him, beheaded and left to rot -not really, they don't decay- at the edges of Kent forests, not really a nice gesture but Josh seemed to have excelled at being an absolute ass.

Harry now had no one, he doesn't expect Liam, the prince and following king, to help any longer, if not ever again. Mia and David have left off after hearing the unfortunate news, David was in awe for the murder of his saviour and Mia, in awe for leaving Harry sad and alone. But despite the despair, Harry couldn't let Josh have the pleasure of such thought as victory. Call it pride, revenge, hatred but Harry was determined to mercilessly kill Josh. And he calls it justice.

Like a lullaby, he kept chanting in his own head, how he had accomplished more tasks than the words Josh have ever spoken, collectively. He reminded himself of how he had The Key and his brain and his deceased friends as a motivation. Pretty blond Josh thinks Harry is predictable but oh dear, only if he knows. How a Gamer thinks, is a mystery and how he plans, is a secret and how he performs, is a match. That you have a very limited percentage of winning.

He was sitting alone, as he thought about his next move in David's apartment, which was on sale. Freezing the time as he did so, even though it's difficult for him, but he has no desire to waste actual time on just thinking.

So many ways to kill an Observer. One of them David has figured out, to feed him his own medicine. To gaze at him through his own eyes.

In details; when Observers look at a human indirectly, they can cause them whatever harm they want but not kill them. The only way they can is by making direct eye contact, at which the human's eyes burn out, leaving bloody vacant spots. It can kill anything; even an Observer isn't immune to it.

There's another way: taking their eyes out. Which is why, Harry performed it on all the Harrisons he killed, but the challenge with Josh was to actually get close enough to snatch his eye out, before he torches yours.

A third way is to blind him; a near the impossible suggestion. Unlike humans, supernatural creatures are invulnerable to all poisons that intoxicate human beings and they have inhuman endurance; therefore, the only way to blind a supernatural creature, is by exposing them to Angels' light. In the Key, there are a few spells but unfortunately they all have temporary effectiveness.

An additional way, works on all the creatures; is a spell with a sigil and a potion. You draw the sigil from your target's blood and you mix bronze, ashes of a saint's bones, leaves from the Tree of Hope and limited drops of sacrificed purified blood in a glass container. Recite a Latin incantation and then smash the potion on the sigil and leave it splattered. It will create a gateway to the land of banished creatures and voila, your target's banished.

All ways are pretty difficult if you ask Harry Styles the killer, but if you ask the Gamer, he'll say it's a piece of cake. The real challenge is in Josh's style. Over 180 years and Harry has never physically fought his enemy. Nor even seen him fight someone which leaves his dueling style a mystery to Harry and that's not good, especially that he's going straight for the murder.

As means of wariness, Harry packed venomous knives in his coat and jeans, prepared the temporary sight-robbing spells, brewed the banishing potion and kept them in his pockets. Noting,of course, the fact that he has to perfect Josh's ability or else, they both end up dead. Or worse, Harry does.

It took a lot of unfrozen time to do the previous actions, leading Harry to confront Josh a bit late. He has decided to show up in that random bar Josh had once summoned him to. But unfortunately, having no address, just a vivid picture in his head, took a lot of energy and concentration out of him, but with 3 means of killing and 1 for banishing; it was worth it.