Chapter 10

A 5-year old boy with a tux on,
A man in a suit by his side,
Both ready to cross the street,

General POV.

Tick-tock...... Harry plugged and unplugged the hairdryer as loud as he could to get Hardin's attention.

Unlikely this time, Hardin Jefferson had a girlfriend that lived with him. So Harry was having a hard time getting him alone.

Plug. Unplug. Sigh. Repeat louder. Till the socket shattered.

Harry heard some shuffling in the living room, then footsteps started approaching.

He immediately shifted to the colour of the background, sinking in it like a camouflage.

Hardin appeared but Harry couldn't move a muscle. His body trembled as if he was pulled back and the scenery around him changed into a wooden interior of a house. He had been summoned.

"Harold." James greeted. Indeed Zayn was right, his master had summoned Harry as a warning to stop the murders.

And they sure as hell aren't going to have dinner.

"James." Harry replied with a smug expression.

"What is it that you want?" James started off straight.

"As I recall it, it's you who summoned me." Came the reply.

"Don't Harold. Just don't, for your own sake." James spoke.

"My sake is none of your business." Harry countered.

And he dropped down to the floor, his stomach grumbling in excruciating pain. The blood climbed to his throat and excreted from his mouth. While James just stood up tall all the time. Smirking and looking Harry in the eyes.

"Stop the murders Harold." James ordered in an authoritative tone.

"NO!" Harry shouted back still jerking in pain.

"He'll never show up that way." James grumbled.

"They're all sinners anyway, I'm still doing my job." Harry reasoned.

"No Harold. Your job isn't to take vengeance irrationally and heartlessly."

"When you think like a fox then you can tell me what my job is." Harry spoke his voice almost breaking from the pain.

"Harold, I'm not going to lie to you, if it weren't for Zayn I would've killed you by now. But believe me he and his sentiment can go to hell." James threatened.

"I'm not scared of your pathetic talk." Harry spat.

"Oh why, you should be." He said as another round of deadly pain shot through Harry.

Harry screamed this time, adding to the pleasure of James.

"You! I survived the mentor and Josh and I'm the last Gamer and you think I should be scared of you." Harry spoke in the most disgusted tone he could muster.

"Josh is the only observer too." James said.

"And he's way older than you, you're just a page in his book." James continued when Harry was silent.

"It's not like you give a crap."

"Stop the murders."

"No fucking way."

"Styles, I don't want to do it."

"Do what? Kill me? You think any of your shit will at the least bit even slow me down?" Harry stood up with all the might he had and laughed darkly.

"You better watch your back cuz when I'm done with you, the mentor will finish you up. And I'm gonna attend the ceremony and watch Zayn be crowned as the keepers' master." Harry said as he walked slowly around James.

It's not that Harry wanted to intimidate him, it's just that every step was painful enough to be slow.

"You're not walking out of here alive Harold." Every letter in the sentence held its venom.

"That's what you like to think." Harry replied equally venomous.

"You see James, everybody thinks that you're the best Master but they don't know the flaws in your system. Tsk tsk. They don't know about the rebellion-" Harry was interrupted.

"How'd you know about that?" James was at his weakest which caused Harry to smirk.

"Word travels."

"Zayn told you, didn't he?"

"Don't you think that's too expected."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean I'm a little bit more creative than that. It's somebody you won't expect." Harry smiled at his achievement of completely twisting the subject.

"Such a fragile system you have. Your folks distrust you with all their hearts. Everyone you know, the experienced and the new. The Mentor is waiting for a single mistake, because who would want an angel down here, right? It's easier to just kill you." Harry continued to taunt James.

"How'd you know about it?" James said through gritted teeth.

"Your failure is very evident. Just one mistake James, one mistake and you'll die.... Unless." Harry smirked, he was consuming James' mind and the pain started to get tolerable.

A matter of minutes and he'll be able to transfer back to Hardin Jefferson.

"Unless what?" James asked eagerly.

"Unless you let me go and I'll talk her out of it." Harry bargained.

Silence elapsed and in a split second James turned to Harry and kicked him in the gut. Harry was sent flying to the wall which cracked behind his body.

Then the silver blade shone in James' hand as he approached Harry. Harry tried to get up but he was cornered to the wall anyway, so it was all in vain.

He closed his eyes waiting for the sting, but it never came. When he opened his eyes he found the semi-transparent blue wall separating between him and James.

A keeper had sheilded Harry and now all he had to do was transfer back to Hardin's.

He gave James one last smirk before snapping his fingers and disappearing, the sheild disappearing with him.

₩₩₩₩₩₩₩₩

I hate school and I know you do too.
Fuck, right?
And yeah that's Hardin and Tessa. I ran out of names okay? 😂😂
That's about it.
Who do you think the Keeper is?