Chapter 26

General POV.

"This is impossible." Harry muttered angrily through gritted teeth.

Nobody was supposed to know about Scott McCall except for David and Isabelle. And Now the fella Keeper knows and he's sending a clear message to Harry.

Harry's face rarely reddened in anger and this was one of very few times.

"Feels bad right? To be played." Isabelle shared and Harry only got angrier.

"I am the Gamer. I am the one who plays people." He said to nothing specific.

Before Isabelle could talk some sense into his rage, the blinding white light engulfed Harry and the few seconds of burning pain ended by Harry kneeling exhausted on David's kitchen floor.

Mia used the summoning spell.

"WHAT?" Harry snapped, his temper getting the best of him as he stood up.

"Wow, did I interrupt something?" Mia asked taken aback by his outburst.

"Mia. What. Do. You. Want?" Harry asked impatiently, trying to hold his voice from cracking to a roar.

"I just wondered if we can continue our shooting course. I tried to keep up during your 'healing nap' but I'm failing desperately." She suggested.

"Mia, you just used the most powerful summoning spell, that hurts me and my surroundings to ask for a shooting session." Harry said in an accusing tone.

"Oops?" Mia semi-apologized, twinkling her eyes for a cute effect.

"Fine. Let's go." Harry gave in.

((You will not see this coming.))

_________+++___________

A 5-year old boy with a tux on,
A man in a suit by his side,
Both ready to cross the street.

The man's phone rang and he dropped the kid's hand.

The kid wanders off....

A silver Toyota vios speeding up,
The driver high,
The passenger screaming his lungs out, yelling.

The man in the suit, his head tilted away from the kid. He paid no attention to the scene.

The blonde pretty girl in the car didn't see the kid at all. Aside from her blurry drugged vision, the kid was too short.

"Are you fucking kidding me? Brakes!" Scott yelled for her to stop but it was too late.

They heard the bang and thud.

"Nicholas!" The older man said and as he ran towards the kid's body, you can see he's no older than early twenties.

Scott rushed out of the car, apologizing everywhere.

It was late at night. There was nobody In this dark alley except the four of them which is weird in New York.

Mia got out of her Toyota, vomiting on the concrete.

"Look what you've done!" Scott shouted running both his hands on his face.

"Call 9-fucking-11!" He gestured exasperated.

"And get caught?" She completed and he gaped at her.

"You don't have to. He's gone." The mystery man said, his hand on the kid's neck for pulse.

The man gently placed the dead kid in his arms and lifted him up.

And he walked away. Just like that, Mia got away with doing drugs and killing a kid.

She later learned that Nicholas was orphaned two days before she hit him. His parents died in a catastrophic car crash. And this stranger was walking him to their funeral until fate cruelly struck this precious pure youth.

Mia ran that day. Ran straight to home. Except it wasn't a place, but a person. David.

David's first reaction was to call the cops, at least deliver justice. But he had no evidence, no body, no witness but drunkies.

The next day, Scott told Mia he was going to quit it and as much as she felt angry she knew he was right. They had to stop, long ago when David threw that big fight with her.

And then it started to get unbearable, the judgemental stares, angry parents and being labelled as a 'junkie b'. She decided to leave NYC and travel to Bradford. A quiet city.

The only person who didn't let go was David.

__________________________

"And I thought you called me for a shooting session." Harry reacted after a few seconds of anticipation.

Mia had just told him her ugly sin.

"The worst part is, I barely feel guilty." Mia added and Harry gave an understanding nod looking down at his fingers as he drummed them on the table.

"You said David was the only one who came after you." Harry started and she nodded.

"Ever wonder why?" He had a dirty smile beneath his concerned mask. Only recognized by those who've been played by a Gamer which of course Mia wasn't amongst.

"I do. We've been best friends since forever, it's like his duty." She shrugged.

"Is it?" Harry hinted.

"Yes it is. Now share something personal so I don't regret dragging you to this cafe." She spoke quickly, escaping the David shade.

"Personal story.... hm...... okay, I can't believe I'll actually say it but you look like you can keep it a secret." Harry initiated and she nodded enthusiastically for him to continue.

"There was this lady that I liked very very much. And we were having dinner at my place. With my parents. Because it was that lame over 100 years ago.

Mom serviced the hot soup and they started talking. Topics came and went and mom decided to brag my juggling skills. My lady insisted to witness my talent so I grapped 3 apples from the bowl and started juggling.

In the midst of killing it with the 3 apples bouncing off my hands, I farted. Loud and clear. I apologized and looked at her reaction. She was trying to suppress a laugh and as I stared at her, I lost control over the apples and one of them landed in her soup. Splashing the hot liquid all over her face and specifically her right eye. She kept taking eye treatment for a week after that." Harry spoke naturally and charmingly and Mia hollered in laughter.

"Wow, you suck." She said giggling.

"Right?" He said with a dimpled smile.

"Is she....?" Mia asked referring to the girl that Harry loved and Josh killed.

"Grace Hudson. My fiancee." Harry nodded his eyes darting downwards.

"I'm so sorry. I'm sure she was great." Mia smiled warmly and Harry nodded gratefully and looked her straight in the eyes with his startling oceans of green.

But someone was too high to remember that the same unreadable green eyes were the ones who lifted the kid's body and walked away.

《《₩={'[]% ¥÷{}₩×{[¡

BAM!