Chapter 20

General POV.

"Thanks, man. I owe you." David said to the bathroom mirror.

"Not really, no." Harry smiled and disappeared.

It's been a week since Mia and Harry talked and she's been gorgeous ever since. She denied when David asked her if she's seen the Gamer but he knows.

He could hear them talking from time to time and even though he was a little jealous, he felt grateful to Harry for getting her to ease a little.

She's back to joking and laughing and hanging out, the murders and dreams long forgotten and not scary when mentioned anymore.

He hadn't called for Josh and Josh hadn't showed up. Suspicious, but David was sure his disappearance is far far better than the opposite.

"Hey Dave!" She called out her voice a little shaky as he exited the bathroom.

David immediately tensed and ugly graphics and scenarios started playing in his head that were frozen at the sight of her when she ran to him and sobbed on his shoulder.

At least she is one peace. He thought.

"Shh, what happened?" He asked in the most comforting tone he could muster.

"I think Darryl is dead." She said through her sobs.

"Dar- who? What? What are you talking about?" He said in a quick nervous tone.

She pulled away and sighed, her shoulders sinking and her face blank.

"The Walking Dead?" She reminded irritatingly.

And then it hit him. It wasn't important to him but he still felt the need to react as a best friend.

"Mia NO! Are you joking that's my favorite character!' He exclaimed.

"I'm not, I don't know what happened! This Dwight shot him and the camera was splattered in blood! I couldn't see where it hit him." She frowned and then they collapsed on the couch.

"I can't wait for Negan, though." She said getting back to normal mood.

"Same." David agreed gluing his eyes to Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet.

"Let's go out." She said snatching the book away.

"my.book.now." David commanded in a threatening voice.

"Wear your glasses first." She ordered and he sighed.

"Keep it." He dismissed.

"Dave! Your going to have a permanent eye disease." She huffed.

"And they say I'm dramatic." David rolled his eyes.

As Mia was about to come back at him, his telephone rang and they exchanged baffled glances before he got up to answer.

He looked at the phone and his face loosened up it's frown of concern and was replaced by distress and that was all Mia needed to know the person on the other line. Max.

"Hello..... Great, How you doing buddy?........ Yeah, Mia and I just saw it.......... She was legit sobbing man *laugh*.......... *sigh* That's not cool bro........ Did you tell him you were sorry?..........Mmm.......... Yeah, I know........ Nah don't worry I'll call him." A few silents seconds after that then David's face was drained of all colour and his eyes lost their spark.

"Max, you know I can't do that." He spoke gently and softly.

"You know why I can't come back...... I'll visit you on Thanksgiving like I do every year........... Yes, Fine. I'll see what I can do." He said and hung up.