Chapter 7

General P.O.V.

IT'S been a week since Harry and Mia had last talked in that bathroom. It's been a week since the murders stopped. Last victim, Jefferson Harrison.

Mia had thought that by his absence she'll be at ease, but she felt more creeped out than ever. She had anticipated his appearance for the next two days after they bickered but he never did. And it surprisingly, filled her with despair how she could've talked to him nicer, because after all Harry never hurt her, he just showed up to her and of course he had his reasons for that. She was surprised at how calmly she started embracing the idea of supernaturals, but maybe it was because Harry looked entirely human.

David didn't believe her, during the same two days after the bickering, they fought continuously, David begged her to think rationally and she claimed that if he doesn't believe her, she'd start having trust issues. For the other five days, however, whenever Mia would start talking about it, David dodged the subject. Big time.

"Funny how these murders stopped." Mia started.

David nodded absently while reading  through his glasses. 

"Do you think we should check it out?" She suggested.

His eyes darted to her, his expression blank, then he looked back to his novel. "We're back to this again?" He said.

"I was just suggesting we get a little adventurous." She cleared her throat.

Silence.

"What are you reading today?" She wanted to start a conversation desperately.

"A tale of two cities." He said with a glint of smile.

"NO! You're joking? Tale of two cities for the zillionth time! What is wrong with you? You hate the ending."

"I do, but ...." He hesitated. She cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh my God, you're starting believe me!" She exclaimed a bit too excitedly.

"No! No! I still hate Sydney Carton." He protested.

"Because you're fvcking mental!" She argued.

"What is this? Our freakingteenth fight over this character." He wondered.

"Believe me, there'll be hell more unless you admit Sydney is the best."

"In your wildest dreams."

"Is that so? Fine then, change the novel."

"Same wildest dreams."

"I can suggest."

"You can shut up too."

"Fine, nerdy bank boy."

"Great, crazy bitch." He looked at her then they both burst into laughter. It didn't hurt her coming from Dave, unless he was shading her for seeing a person in the mirror then........that would hurt.

"Meanie!" She swatted his arm and pouted.

"Fine, go ahead. Illuminate me."

"THE MAZE RUNNER!"

"Already read that."

"Yeah, you read it once. And James Dashiner's books are meant to be read a couple of hundred times. "

"Why do you wanna know about the Harrisons deaths so much?" The question caught her off guard.

"What? Well, I've told you the murderer appears to me." Correction Mia, appeared* she thought.