Chapter 16

A 5-year old boy with a tux on,
A man in a suit by his side,
Both ready to cross the street,
The man's phone rang and he dropped the kid's hand,
The kid wanders off....
A silver Toyota vios speeding up,
The driver high,
The passenger screaming his lungs out, yelling
The man in the suit, his head tilted away from the kid.

General POV.

Mia has been acting all shaken up since the lighter.

David had returned home that day, and froze dropping the keys at the bloody walls and tiles of the kitchen.

He heard her faint sobs and his heart caught in his chest. His lungs cut off any intake of oxygen and the hairs on his neck spiked up.

He couldn't swallow the lump, he couldn't control the panic, he couldn't stand the idea of Mia getting hurt.

"Mia.Em.Where.Are.You.Em.Please.No.God.Please." The words fell out of his mouth in a frantic stutter.

He stepped into the living room and found her. Her back leaned against the wall and her knees pulled up. Just weeping and David's worst nightmare....

Covered in blood.

In a split second, he was by her side, holding her shoulder firmly muttering indecipherable words and some other prayers.

"What happened to you?" He asked and she just wept on his shoulder.

David soothed her at that moment and decided an interrogation can wait a little.

Next day, she spilled everything with a still face and a stabilized voice. And David welcomed the information bitterly and rose to his feet giving her the newspapers.

The news about Alfred Harrison's death were there and Mia just nodded wiping a tear away.

Since that, she'd changed. She's been more distant. More paranoid and sometimes snappy.

That just filled David with despair that it started to show in his appearance.

No food, grim pale face, dead eyes surrounded by a black bag of exhaustion and sleeplessness.

He was drowning and used saddening novels and Arctic Monkeys to distract himself.

But something was eating him up. The need for answers. You couldn't just arouse the ugly curiosity of David Whales and keep him pending.

No way. Just no way in hell.

He had come to the fact that there is no such civilian as Claire Rosaline and he was building up all his information carefully and secretly. Without Mia's knowledge.

He'd know stuff and He'll just keep them to himself.

"Mia, you good?" He asked shutting Stephen King's The Shining. ((Thank you Reem))

"Yeah." She said without looking. She was trying to sew a scarf but it was ending horribly wrong.

"That's pretty hideous." David made a disgusted face.

"Ouch. This was for you." She put her hand on her chest faking hurt.

"Ouch. You were going to make me wear that." David countered.

"Fine. I'll just give it to Kevin when I see him." She said smoothly and David stiffened at the mention of Kevin, his brother.

"How is he, by the way? Did his nightmares stop?" She asked without glancing up at his rigid figure.

"Not really. But he'll be okay." He spoke steadily, admiring the book for what seems like ages.

"Did yours stop?" He asked.

"Yeah, they're just these two I told you about." She said.

"Good." He sighed.

So this is their friendship after God knows what happened.

"What do we do now? Should we call out to him? Tell him to introduce us to his world in all honesty? What the hell do we do now?" He asked running a hand through his hair.

"I think we should hear him out and go along whatever he has for us. It's easier that way." She spoke releasing her grip on the sewing tools and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Kidding? He's a phsyco! Kills people! Appears in mirrors!" David reasoned.

"He could've killed us long ago and you know that. If he doesn't want to kill us then he surely shows up for a reason so we play along to figure that out." She theorized.

He nodded despite his disapproval and excused himself to the bathroom.

He leaned on the sink and turned on the faucet splashing his face with water. He looked at the mirror venomously.

"Harry Styles, you filthy sickening thing, just try and hurt Mia and bear the wrath of the angriest David you've ever seen." He threatened in a low angry tone.

"We share something Dave." An American accent spoke directly from the mirror.

David's head snapped up to the speaker and his eyes widened.

The toned physique, Green eyes, dirty blond hair.

The stalker from that day was in the mirror where Harry used to be.

"We share the same enemy." He smirked.

"No shit, I'm done with you guys and your stupid games." David threw his hand in the air in frustration.

"No, no. I'm not a Gamer and unlike Harry, I will tell you all about myself." He put his hand on his chest for emphasis.

"O..kay?" David said giving him a cautious look.

"I'm an Observer, whoever I catch doing a nasty deed, I put an end to it." He spoke proudly.

"You kill them?"

"Oh no. Hell no, I don't kill except under horribly necessary circumstances." He said.

"Horribly necessary circumstances?" David repeated in mockery and the man gave him a silencing glare.

"Now, let's skip to the point, shall we? Great. I hate Harry Styles and I know you do too, so if you could help me locate him, I'll put an end to his crap." He smiled wickedly.

David did hate Harry but something about killing the Harrisons was right. It was justice as Harry referred to it and by some miracle David believed that.

And something about that kid made him untrustworthy, something darkened his eyes David was almost scared for Harry.

He was unsure whether to agree or disagree.

"You'll kill him?" David asked.

"The moment I lay eyes on him." He replied confidentally.

"Okay, I'll help you."

:&#14^, (9; $4^*9:

Meet our villain.

Yo, @DirectionerEverAfter why you a sell out, Dave? xD

And helloooo Daliaosamama28 mnawarana