Chapter 36

General POV.

Suspicious. Mia was suspicious. She no longer mourned even though, David never called her. But she could really use his theorizing skills at the moment. She was curious about the phone calls and even though she's Harry's friend, she didn't dare ask about it.

"Your shooting skills. Dropping." Harry said, pointing his forefinger downwards as they sat on the couch.

"My swording skills. Escalating." She replied back, pointing her forefinger upwards with a smile.

"Balance. You should've kept both equal." Harry continued, as a matter of fact, hinting about something else.

He intentionally symbolized the statement. Shooting representing David and swording representing Himself. She should've balanced them and not let one fall back.

"Nah, I like it that way." She replied unaware of the metaphor.

"As your friend and mentor, I don't. So......" Harry insisted, standing up and picking something from behind the couch.

It was a black box that instantly warmed Mia's heart.

"Happy birthday!" He said and extended his arm with the gift.

"Oh my God, Harry! You bought me a gift!" Mia squealed, snatching the box from his arm.

She instantly opened it and panic mixed with fear, denial, gratitude crashed into her like a big wave.

There it lied, harmless yet lethal, silver yet undesirable, elegant yet dirty, breathes fire as it takes lives. Just like she saw it in the dreams, she could almost hear it shooting David.

"It's beautiful." She traced her fingers on it's cold silver skeleton.

It was true, indeed. The gun looked appealing and beautiful. It was a six-shooter, it's bullets in a small box entitled 'Ammo' .

"Balance, Mia." He repeated and she nodded.

"I'll go put it inside." She said, smiling widely as she took the box inside.

Of course dreams were just dreams. Reality is far from them, especially when David is across the world.

"Mia, I've got to leave. Whenever you need me, call out. If I don't come then squeeze that necklace and say my name." Harry assured and walked out just as she came in sight.

"O...kay? Bye, I guess." She said then huffed.

Even though, he didn't want to leave her on this day. He had a place to go to.

Before, he had to neglect his task to strengthen his bond with Mia. Now that the list is piling up, he had to get going.

He took out the list. The prior name was written in huge letters up above the original list of names. It was urgent he kills that name, but there's no actual punishment if he crossed another name before that.

Harry had crossed 56 names this year. The 57th is his current case. Mia Parker. But right after her was Mason Ford.

Mason is 38, he's got no kids, no job, no life. He's all alone, given he bribed the jury and judge to pleade him not guilty, his family, disgusted, left him live on his own. He killed his friend, Joel. In order, to keep a scandal from spreading.

Harry popped up in his living room. Shuffling some stuff so that Mason knows that there's an intruder.

"Who are you?" His voice was steady, just like the gun he pointed at Harry.

"I'm here to talk, Mason." Harry said without giving the gun a glance.

"Who. Are. You?" He repeated threateningly.