Chapter 27

General POV.

"I thought we talked you out of this." Harry addressed Zayn, meaning himself and Ed by 'we'.

"I need to do this. It's my duty." Zayn insisted.

"Why? He's been master of Keepers for ages and no one protested." Harry said.

"Someone has to do something." Zayn stood up for his idea.

"And why does it have to be you again?" Harry scrunched his eyebrows as if thinking.

"It doesn't. It's just..." Zayn trailed off, hesitant to finish his sentence and Harry motioned for him to continue.

"I need to do this for me." Zayn tried.

"Are you really going to lie to my face?" Harry asked in a condescending tone.

"Right! How could've I missed that?!" Ed suddenly burst.

"Excuse you, Mister." Harry excused him.

"He's not doing this to himself. But to......" Ed paused for a dramatic effect.

"Drum roll." He continued his eager initiation.

"Ed, get it over with." Harry snapped.

"You." Ed smiled innocently batting his eyelashes.

"Is that true?" Harry scowled.

"Well, partially." Zayn shrugged coolly.

"For me?" Harry scolded more than asked.

Zayn responded with silence.

"James is torturing you because he has a deal with Josh." Zayn finally shared and Harry saw why James was so insistent on weakening a Gamer.

"He guaranteed him the Key?" Harry asked Zayn and the latter nodded.

"But they won't get to that. I'll declared war and we're going to win over James. Then, with me in charge, Josh wouldn't dare to ask for any favours. You'll only have the Helpers on your back.

The other part to this, is that James doesn't even know his own folks. For God's sake, he doesn't know your Keeper. He's no ruler. And the few Keepers who rebelled and were killed have inspired many more and now he kinda has zero supporters." Zayn explained.

"Okay, all awesome points but there's one thing you're failing to see. He's a master. Do you acknowledge his powers?" Harry reasoned.

"I'm not alone I just said, 80% of the Keepers are with me. We can take him." Zayn replied confident.

"Him? What about the other 20%?" Harry raised his eyebrows.

"Can you stop being difficult and just support me?" Zayn snapped.

"Difficult is what you call strategic?" Harry bounced back and Zayn sighed crossing his arms.

"You want me to be supportive? Fine. Go help your fella Keepers Zayn! Go get yourself killed!" Harry faked enthusiasm and walked away.

_______________________________

"Harry?" David stood in the middle of the forest across his apartment.

"Haaaarry?" David called out once more, squeezing his eyes shut then peeking one open.

He sighed when there was no response and turned to leave.

"David." Harry greeted from behind.

"There you are. Listen, I came up with this theory." David introduced Impatiently and Harry hummed, listening.

"You said Josh was an Observer right? You and him are enemies so basically that means he's prepared for a fight. But he's waiting to figh a Gamer right? So he would know all about that because he's confronted you before."

"Your point?" Harry rushed.

"My point, he's never actually been in a fight with an Observer before, hence he's the only one. So you need to be more like him to catch him off-guard then you can kill him." David shared his idea.

"Be more like him." Harry repeated.

"Not literally, but like-" David started.

"No, I can be." Harry said thinking.

"You can be Josh?" David asked baffled.

"No, an Observer. It's one of the Gamers' abilities, to be any other creature. But of course, we're not as powerful and it takes a long time to master their powers." Harry said detached, still thinking.

"You're kidding right?" David asked with an anticipating smile, waiting for Harry to say 'jk' or something but the latter didn't and the look on David's face was priceless.

"Whaaaaaat?!" David said in a high pitched low voice and Harry remained thinking.

"Okay, so do you know how to kill an Observer?" David popped the question out of nowhere.

"Yes..." Harry responded slowly.

"Do you know how to kill a Gamer?" David asked and Harry narrowed his eyes.

"I do." He replied.

"In the Key, does it mention how to counter Josh's 'death look'?" David continued and Harry tilted his head in suspicion.

"How do you know about the Key?" Harry started.

"Does it mention a counter act?" David said stubbornly.

"It does." Harry said then smiled. "By looking back at him with an Observer's eyes, which is why you want me to be one. Thanks David for helping me. But may I question why you did?" Harry asked curiously.

"Because he choked me for helping you. I don't want Mia to get hurt for being friends with you." David said and Harry lowered his head in acknowledgement then turned around smirking.

"Harry wait, How come you never figured that out?" David asked and Harry redirected himself to face him.

Harry smiled, a black curtain engulfing his shiny green eyes, the way some people mistake for demonic eyes.

Instantly the leaves of the tree next to David all turned yellow then they thinned and became brown and slowly fell to the ground. The lively green tree became a decaying dead one amongst others.

"I do know all this. I just wanted to see how far you'd get." Harry smiled before turning, leaving David in absolute shock.

David didn't want to be as surprised as he was but if he's a genius and Harry outdone him, then there's no limits to the Gamer's plan.

《₩₩%{¤¡♡}=×£\¤~¤>=£\'}¿