Chapter 12

A 5-year old boy with a tux on,
A man in a suit by his side,
Both ready to cross the street,
The man's phone rang and he dropped the kid's hand,
The kid wanders off....

General POV.

"You better watch it, Dave." A scornful voice spoke from the backseat and all of a sudden it wasn't Harry who was standing in front of the car, it was now an apologizing woman that hurriedly crossed the street.

They exchanged glances, Mia was sure she saw Harry.

"Oh no honey, I'm back here." The same voice said and indeed as David raised his vision to the rearview mirror he saw the curly nightmare he hates the most.

David looked on the edge of bursting to flames. Mia, though, looked baffled but calm.

"So, mind illusions?" David raised his eyebrows furiously.

"Uh-huh. One little perk of being a gamer that I love using." Harry nodded proudly.

"Get out of my car." David said irritated.

"Not yours, it's Mia's."

"Not your business, get out."

"No, Mia would let me into her car. We have a thing, don't we love?" Harry directed his speech to her.

"You do?" David asked all too quickly.

"No we don't!"
"Of course, we do." Were spoken at the same moment, the first by Mia's frantic tone and the second by Harry's deep smooth voice.

"Great point you have there, Harold." David mocked.

"Harry, please." Harry corrected. "And great trust we have when you go ask a fraud for my identy."

"What, you expect me to ask and trust your answer?"

"Do you trust hers?"

"I don't know. Do you Mia?" They bickered quickly, Mia barely noticed her involvement.

"Can you both stop?" She asked.

"You were free to ask me." Harry went on.

"I did and you didn't answer. What do you have? Amnesia?" David also went on.

"Well ask me now. I'll tell you everything." Harry offered.

"Good, how did she know you by name?" Mia interfered.

"Because, I'm the last Gamer."

"Where are the rest?" Mia asked spontaneously before realising the obvious answer.

"Hiking." He smiled smugly. "They're dead for god's sake!"

"So you're like master-less?" Mia concluded.

"I would prefer Solo, but I guess yeah."

"How many Gamers died?" She asked and David started to drum his fingers on the steering wheel. Which, was a sign for Mia that she didn't quite catch.

"The time I lived, there were 13."

"And what happened?" David asked.

"What do you mean what happened?" Harry enquired.

"What happened to them? Were they bombed all together or hunted down individually?"

"The latter."

"Why?"

"We have enemies."

"How?"

"How what?"

"How did it happen? Like did your enemies do the same stuff that you're doing to the Harrisons. Is that how you're coming back at them? Some sort of shady payback?" David asked.

"Hmm." Harry turned from looking out the window to David. "You got more brains that I thought."

"So the enemy? They took your friends' eyes out? Choked them with plants? Slaughtered them?" David held onto the subject tightly.

"You really think, I'm that stupid? You really think, I'm gonna tell you how to kill a Gamer?" Harry's mouth tilited upward.

David sighed.

"Tsk tsk tsk, Dave. I just said you were smart. Guess I'll have to take it back."

"No, take it and shove it down your ass."

"Mia, I want you to know I don't want you to fear me. I'm just a creature fulfilling a task." He was speaking softly as he yet again looked out the window.

"Yeah speaking of which, what exactly is your task?" David asked but received no reply.

Harry had disappeared.

Mia noticed too, and she let out a breath.

"AND HE STILL DIDN'T ANSWER SHIT!" David burst, then inhaled a deep breath letting it out slowly.

"Maybe, we can ask him to come  back?" Mia suggested.

"Yeah, you do that." David snickered.

She rolled her eyes and her window and breathed in some fresh air, contemplating the matter in her brain till she got a headache.

"Hey M, what about we get a cup of coffee?" David offered looking distractedly at the rearview mirror.

"What is it?" Mia asked immediately knowing David's attitude twists.

This was one of suspicion.

"I'll tell you when we order." He said and parked in front of Starbucks.

They walked in, David in Mia's back, shooting everybody who looks at her a warning glare.

They ordered two Caramel Frappucinos and waited for their names to be called out.

Interestingly though, David had insisted they change their names to Eric and Stephanie and told Mia he'll explain as soon as they were seated.

And they were, so David started,

"I don't like this Claire Rosaline." He said.

"Same, but she's the only one that helped us." Mia said.

"No, she's the only one Scott told us about. And now, I don't really like him either." He spoke his eyes fixed on something to Mia's right.

"Why so?" She asked contemplatively.

"Because the blonde haired muscled, man to your right had been following us ever since we stepped out of Claire's apartment." David spoke looking away at his phone allowing Mia to take a look without them being too obviously checking the guy out.

Mia did glance and did see the dirty blonde hair styled messily and his blazer edging his physique. Green eyes glowing like fire and looking straight at her with a smile that looked awfully taunting. There was an uninviting aura that surrounded him.

It was as if he knew something about her and his face held enough mockery for Mia to avert her attention back on David who looked paranoid.

"See! But that's not the issue, the thing is that...."

"ERIC!" The man behind the counter shouted and David almost jumped.

They took their drinks and headed out, waiting on the blond dude to follow but he didn't.

It was like all he wanted was to prove to himself and them as well that they have seen him.

And David's sentence remained unfinished and unspoken till his parting day.

££%%-+(())))#£%%% 

Sorry @AdoreDrew I owe you this a while ago.

Some people have some duties now @DirectionerEverAfter ....

Welcome @HalaAly