Chapter 40

General POV.

This must end. It's a very big mistake. Josh should end. He should just stop existing. And Harry needs to stop wasting time on humans and start working on eliminating this abomination.

A lot of people knew the Explorer Ed Sheeran, but sadly no one alive -aside from Harry- was a close friend of his. He was left on his own to bury his friend and give him a proper funeral.

Interrupting his thoughts of such considerate gestures, a familiar pain occured. The one where you feel you're blood and flesh are being ripped off and planted elsewhere. It occurred from his feet up to the peak of his hair, accompanied by blinding white light. But despite the pain, Harry remained knelt down, his head dipped low in agony of the loss of his friend.

He was summoned back to where he was standing, except he's now kneeling. Mia, holding her necklace tightly, shot him a demanding look that was also present on David's face. Louis' s face ,however, was sympathetic and understanding.

Harry spent a few moments in position, then he merely looked up at them. His friend's blood on his hands and his eyes unreadable.

"What happ-" David started only to get interrupted by Louis,

"A friend is murdered."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You just ran off mid-sentence. You said only one creature can fluently freeze time." David reminded and watched as Harry got up, wiped his hands and picked up his coat, putting it on.

Harry's eyes wandered a little as he faced David, now standing up in his coat. It was hard to predict his actions through his eyes or face. They remained cold and unmoving.

He finally, swallowed and gave a brief nod.

"An Explorer." Harry said bitterly, his deceased friend having been one.

"Okay.... does that kill?" David asked, wishing a negation.

"No, you just know stuff. If it harms humanity, keep it hidden if it doesn't, spill it out. Isabelle will fill you in on every little detail, don't worry." Harry spoke.

"And how are we going to meet exactly?" David enquired.

"She'll find her way." Harry assured.

"What if somebody jumps me?"

"Explorers aren't much of a target...... or so I thought." Harry added sarcastically at the end.

"If he's not safe, then what's all that worth?" Mia interfered, scared for her friend.

"You're right." Harry said.

"And?" David awaited further enlightenment.

"And I think your time in Bradford has come to an end. Both of you." Harry explained.

"You want us to leave? What are we gonna do without you?!" Mia asked, refusing the idea a bit too quickly.

"Live, that's what can do without me." Harry replied smoothly, his mind made up on focusing all his energy and time on eliminating Josh Harrison.

"What am I gonna do without you?" Mia tried, her heart clenching at the thought of leaving her "friend" behind.

"Don't hate a street, Mia. Nor an incident nor a city. Do that, and you'll have better friends." Harry advised her, selecting each and every magical word.

"I can't. I can't leave you. These guys teleport. If he's in danger here, then he's in danger there." Mia opposed.

"Don't stall. You should leave. Half of my friends are dead anyway and you might be next. It's not safe here at all. But in New York it's much less dangerous." Harry tried to convince her, his words honest.