Chapter 34

General POV.

David was sitting, his back to the wall, his arms on his knees.

He had had enough with their fake romance and he was ready to confront Harry.

He chanted in his head that that was all for Mia's sake and as honest as that was, it was only a part of the truth.

David was torn into two halves since 6th grade, David the lover and the friend. David the friend suppressed his other half and dug a deep hole and left him there. But still, David the lover crawled and clawed his way up and fought for his place. He resisted relentlessly but David the friend always subsided him at the end. And after that exhausting internal conflict, Harry came and blew away David the friend. Leaving the lover defeated and the friend rejected. He was doing this to himself more than anybody else.

He called out to Harry for the third time, hoping he wouldn't get an answer but deep down he still demanded a closure.

"You wished to see me?" Harry said his voice suppressed by a layer as it used to be in the past. He was in the mirror.

"Where were you?" David asked angrily.

"With friends." Harry replied shortly with provoking casualness.

"Is Mia one of those?" David asked narrowing his eyes, shading the new pieces of information he knows.

"You can go ahead and ask her." Harry dodged the question deceptively.

"No, I'm asking you. Harry Styles, the small adventurous little kid who was a part of a mere theory of an old man." David followed Harry's provocative steps expecting a growl, scowl, frown at least. But Harry smiled a scornful smile.

"Geoff Payne is not an old man, he's a wise old man and nothing you can say or do would change my respect for him. Are we done here?" Harry replied smoothly, trivializing the fact that David knew such information.

"Far from done. You're keeping Mia like a pig for thanksgiving, I'm not gonna let you do that. She's not a sinner." David said trying to keep a smug expression but it just wasn't him.

"Vladimir huh?" Harry asked amusedly.

"Do you just know everything?" David huffed giving up the confident demeanor.

"Not everything, no. I just know you're not dumb David. I'm sure you've heard I have a task. But how I perform it or whether I do or not, is none of your concern." Harry said with his usual coolness.

"No, I'll have to stop you right there. Mia is my business." David said his voice rising.

"Let her decide that." Harry had the devil's smile on his face, the sentence was more of a challenge, and it wasn't inviting.

Before David can protest, Harry was no longer in the mirror.

David furiously opened the door, hearing an exchanging of words between Mia's delicate voice and a smug british one that he has so much detest for at the moment.

"He's pointed out that our friendship bothers him. Maybe we don't have to hangout anymore." Harry said referring to David.

At first, David was relieved to hear Harry willing to cut the ties like that but that willingness was what caused the panic to climb up his throat. Harry's willingness meant Mia's insistence.

"I'll talk to him-" Mia started but was interrupted by David's appearance.

"What are you doing?!" David shouted at her out of the blue.

"Hanging out with him? With him!" David pointed at Harry. Harry remained silent waiting for the right moment to interfere. Like a snake.

"It's none of your business who I go out with! Can't you just embrace it that I have another friend?!" Mia argued, facing David.