Chapter 42

Surprise surprise, last chapter!

General POV.

Mind illusion, mind control, perception altering, vision manipulation, reality warping. So many ways to say it.

But why did he say it?

Out of dream-walking, electromagnetic interference, telekinesis, healing, camouflage, enhanced chronokinesis, temperature manipulation. Why introduce your victims to mind illusions?

A mystery which is much underrated.

Feeling hollow and down, Mia in one of her now very rare personal times, was staring at her bag. To her, it never felt right, whether it's leaving Harry behind, or feeling this despair for doing so.

It's messed up to even begin to like an unearthly creature. Let alone befriend him and sitting there on her bed and still staring at her suitcase, she realized that even though, the burning desire to squeeze this golden necklace on her neck was eating her up, she had to have a very good reason behind it.

She stood up and looked at her reflection, her features were worn out and stressed and the whipping wind outside made the attempt of relaxation more difficult. A storm was definitely coming tonight.

She started the slow-paced, uninterested packing of her first suitcase. Limply moving the clothing items from the bag to the wardrobe, for about 15 minutes. Surprisingly, nothing and nobody seeming interested in questioning her anymore "Was there someone?" "Why come on such short notice?" "Why did you even leave?" Ugh, all those nosy plastic people with no lives. If she told them she's shot David, they'd laugh at her face. Even though it's the absolute truth. She wondered if Harry ever struggled with explaining himself to people, because things are simply just beyond their comprehension.

With that thought surfing her brain, an envelope dropped from the shirt she was about to hang. Generally, it wouldn't have caught her attention, but giving it a mere glance, her subconscious mind spent a few seconds before it struck her she had read 'Harry'
in a black fancy italic handwriting.

She hurriedly returned the shirt back in the suitcase mindlessly, and picked up the yellowish-worn out classical envelope with her desired's name.

What could he have possibly written that could not be spoken?

__________________________________________________________

"I cannot, by any means, accept your offer." Harry rejected.

"Too bad it's not an offer, eh?" Niall's corner of the mouth tilted up, persuading Harry.

"I'm sorry. This is my fight. You are not invited." Harry continued denying.

"What kind of a best friend would do that? Leave you just go fight him on your own, again." Niall shrugged, "Nothing a best would do. Let alone a Keeper." He continued.

"How can I talk you out of this?" Harry thought to himself, more than having asked the question.

"You can't. Especially when your friends are all dead." Niall shaded and Harry looked away momentarily, trying to mask the hurt into disinterest.

"I'm sorry. But I really can't lose you. You're my task, If you screw up, I'm dead. So let me at least be there." Niall reasoned after receiving Harry's reaction.

"No questions." Harry stipulated, finally giving in and Niall threw his fist in the air.

"Knew I'd trick ya." He smiled proudly.

"Mouth shut." Harry stipulated once more, while fetching him a weapon.

"No promises." Niall raised his hands in surrender and Harry threw him a blade and Niall caught it midway.