Chapter 19

General POV.

Mia wasn't dumb.

She noticed stuff. She saw how David was rolling downhill. She noticed he was planning, digging stuff and sleeping less. She noticed he'd met someone different than Harry the day before.

She wasn't dumb.

But there were so many things holding her back from speaking up. Icey fingers would run up her spine whenever she remembered the dream, let alone speak of it.

And speaking with David about the situation wouldn't help. She needed a human painkiller that would just wash the pain away without emphasizing it like Dave did.

But she had no friends as close as him and no siblings. Just David, Mom and step Dad.

Boring but reality.

She needed a friend. A best friend who would listen and understand. A miracle or black magic or anything that could get her a friend she'd do it.

She tossed and turned in Dave's bed every night, hoping that she'd never have seen Harry behead old Mr. Harrison that day. That she'd never talked to Harry or even met his startlingly wicked green eyes.

A million scenarios played in her head everyday, how she would return home from "Safety" where she used to work, deliver the cake to Mr. Harrison and he would accept it happily, thank her and tell her how he hates his ungrateful children. Or, he could die but at least peacefully with a simple cardiac arrest like all old people. Or, she'd nap until Harry finished his slaughter and then she'd wake up and figure out and share condolences with whoever was there.

Just anything to escape this dreadful moment on that dreadful day.

Uncomfortably though, a spark of emotion ran down her spine whenever she heard his British accent. The words that rolled off his lips smoothly rang in her ears pleasantly. She daydreamed about the kiss in her dream so many times, how passionate and real it felt.

But it was pretty obvious you can't fall in love with a boy who's an amazing charmer but also happens to be a killer. But that seemed to encourage her more than to withdraw her from the attraction, some famous saying 'We want what we can't have' or whatever.

Another toss and turn tonight. She could hear the thunderous snores of David from outside, and the stillness of the night out the window after the clattering of the November rain.

There was a certain beauty and peace through the silence that Mia failed to embrace. She kept stressing and stressing.

She curled up on the edge of the right side of the bed facing the window, staring demandingly at the blackness of the night to reveal the beauty and the freaking peace hidden within it.

"You should take it easy, love." He said and she jumped from the bed in panic. Her heart dropped in a moment of fright before she collected herself.

"Pardon, did I scare you?" He was lying on the bed. His arms folded behind his head and a leg drooped over the other.

"What are you doing here? Get away from me. Isn't it enough what you've done?" She said her voice tight and breaking.

"Love, don't break my heart." He frowned.

"Oh please, like you give a fuck." She said.

"Mia." He sat up. "I'm not toying with you." He spoke sincerely.

Scarily sincere.

"What? do I look like I'm that thick?" She spat tears blurring her vision.

"I want to communicate with you. As an inhuman creature, I don't know how to get close to you so I take what most people are dying to know and I show that to you and that happens to be killing the Harrisons.........*sigh*............. I just wanna show you that I'll tell you everything they can't know." He said looking her dead in the eyes.

God, she was already hypnotized by the slow cool flow of words which his pink lips delivered through its curve.

She blinked a few times and he searched her face clueless of a reaction.

"Okay, fair. I ask, you answer a flat out straight answer." She asked more than ordered.

He nodded.

"Why are you killing the Harrisons?" She proceeded.

"It's not that big of a problem? I don't think that that should be your first question." He shrugged and she glared.

"Okay look, you'll have to know the basics. When a person gets bitten, if it's a venom-less bite, they become free creatures. If it's a bite with the venom, they turn to the creature that bit them." He clarified then exhaled and she wore the 'please go on' expression.

"So, over 180 years ago, I was bit a venom-less bite and it turned me to a free creature. At that time, free creatures were being snatched and recruited. So, I moved from my house hence, I was supposedly dead, and an observer named Josh came to recruit me but she got in his way and so his eyes shifted to their real colour and when an observer's eyes reveal it's real colour and he looks at you indirectly, simple damages happen but when he looks you dead in the eyes. You die. And thus, she died." Harry said neutrally.

"He gave her the death glare?" Mia said trying hard to maintain a straight face.

"It's not funny." Harry rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, go on." She said smiling to the floor.

"So, the moment he laid eyes on me, he knew I was no longer a free creature but a Gamer and so he told me it was a misunderstanding and then he vanished."

"For years and I've been gaining my strength and building my stamina to summon him but the bastard's a coward and he hid himself pretty well. Until I thought of turning the tables and provoking him to show up and that was by killing his family." Harry finished and stood up.

"I think I made a clear message by tearing their eyes out." Harry bragged after a few moments of silence.

Mia stood there for a few minutes, comprehending. She finally understood him. Harry was no mass murderer, he was just desperate and that was his last resort.

"But those people, the Harrisons, they probably don't even know Josh is one of their ancestors." She reasoned.

"I know. But I chose the sinners out of them and left the good ones hoping he'd show up before I had to kill them too." He clarified.

It was true, a crazy old man. An addict. A gambling abusing father. A stripper. An ungrateful son.

"You can't sugercoat murder." She said.

"I know but it's all over now. I stopped the murders."

"How should I trust that?" She asked troubled.

"You shouldn't but you will."

............

So true.

"Okay. Thanks." She sighed feeling a weight lift off her shoulders.

"Feel like you know me better?" He raised his eyebrows.

"God, I was so perplexed and stressed, you can't imagine the difference. But I'm not done with my questions yet." She said cracking a smile.

"Sure, Friends?" Harry raised his eyebrows knowing that she needed a friend badly. That that was her weakness at the moment.

"Yeah....... Yeah fine." She said her heart fuzzing warmfully oblivion to the fact that ......

A fox is still a fox.

,:'$&*^54'"&8*^45

*one of Harry's evil smirks*

Dedicated to PizzaStyless and RemzyS

The Edit #swagmasta