Chapter 21

General POV.

"He's still unconscious." Harry said shutting the door to David's room gently.

"Harry, tell me he's gonna be okay." Mia said on the verge of crying again.

"Mia, I'm so sorry this happened." Harry said and slowly wrapped his arms around her.

"Just promise me next time, you'll catch him before he runs away." She said as she rested her head on his chest and they stayed like that for a couple of moments before Harry pulled away but didn't break the hug.

"Mia," He looked her in the eyes, his green emeralds holdimg a hint of anger.

"There is no next time." He said in a tone that finalized it all, she nodded and hugged him tighter.

"Keep him safe." She whispered in his ears.

"I can't promise you that but I'll try my best." He said.

"What do you mean you can't pro-"

"Oh great, I was knocked out while you two are romancing here." David interrupted as he entered the kitchen and they instantly pulled away and followed.

"OH MY GOD YOU! WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO?" Mia spoke.

"Me? Am I the one who got involved with a Gamer now?" David raised his eyebrows and gulped the whole orange juice from the carton.

"Guys, you obviously shouldn't be fighting right now. If you're worried about Josh, then don't. He won't strike again, he can't. He knows he won't be able to put up a fight with me, main reason he teleported." Harry tried to ease the tension.

"Yeah, right. We'll listen to him again, won't we?" David rolled his eyes and any readable expression escaped Harry's face and suddenly his eyes went cold and he stepped closer to David.

"You better." Harry looked him dead in the eyes intimately and for a moment Mia was scared for David.

And that's when Harry teleported.

David let out a breath that he was holding and looked at Mia who just shrugged in response.

"You're shrugging? You know what? I'm going to bed. I'm super done with this." He surrendered and went to the couch and left Mia standing in the kitchen.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She was rubbing her temples as she laid in bed. Aside from the headache, she would've slept in a instant.

She knew she should talk to Harry about what happened. After all, the Gamer came to her and David shouldn't get involved for his own safety.

With a "whatever" she closed the lamp and rested in bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mia was walking down a beautiful isle with red bricks and colourful roses on its sides. She was dressed in a fancy light pink dress that she longed to show Harry.

She knew he was at the end of the isle. Just keep walking and you'll find him, Mia.

But as she walked, the roses on the side started dying and the red bricks held a trail of blood.

Keep going and you'll find him, Mia.

And as she walked, it got colder and darker.

Keep going, Mia you gotta find Harry.

Suddenly, she broke in a run. There was someone chasing her. She had to find Harry quickly.

Running, running and running as fast as her legs could carry her but her pursuer kept getting closer and closer.

Until she felt a grasp on her shoulder and she let out a deafening scream.

The darkness faded away and the hand on her shoulder disappeared and there was blood all over the dress that wasn't hers and she was standing in a crossroads.

At a side there was Harry and at another there was David.

She was so relieved to see Harry. Finally, she could crash in his hug and tell him about the pursuer and show him the dress.

But she can't do that in front of David, can she?

So she turned to him with a grave expression.

"Dave...." she started but he interrupted.

"Mia, don't let me go." David pleaded.

"I have to be with Harry." She explained.

"We've been through everything together, Mia. Don't let me go." David begged again.

"I can't. I love him." She said her voice just above a whisper.

"You've got to go, David." She said aloud and turned to Harry.

"Do it." She whispered in Harry's ear and cuddled in his chest.

Harry wrapped one arm around her and using the other he pulled out a silver shimmering gun and pointed it at David's head.

Mia squeezed her eyes shut and a tear slipped when she heard the blazing gunshot and the silencing thud of David's body hitting the floor.

But she didn't regret it. And she'd do it all over again to be with Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a sharp gasp she woke up. David on her side.

"Oh my God, finally!" He yelled in relief.

"What happened? Did I say anything?" She gulped and anticipated an answer.

Oh how she'd love to hear a 'no' right now.

If she had spoken one of the phrases aloud and David heard it, then her fantasy of being with Harry is screwed over.

He looked at her for a long moment before he answered, "Uh, no. You....you just screamed and I tried to wake you up for like 10 minutes or something." He said.

David was such a bad liar but she didn't know what to do or how to get him to say what he heard without having to explain the whole dream.

Where he dies.

"Mia, are you okay?" David asked concerned.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm okay. I'll just drink a cup of tea and get back to bed." She said in a cheerful tone as she got up and headed to the kitchen.

"You don't wanna talk about it?" David asked surprised.

"Nah, I barely even remember it. Don't worry about it. It wasn't that dramatic." She lied and David knew but he nodded anyway and got back to his couch.

Harry wrapped one arm around her and using the other he pulled out a silver shimmering gun and pointed it at David's head.

It kept playing in her head on repeat like a good old sad song, except that this scene wasn't as horrifying as it should be to her.

Whatever happened to the no more dreams deal.

"Harry, we need to talk."

:*7^#8*^/3##"*999*$#6*

Allahoma eny syma 😂😂😂

HalaAly ay 5edma ya m3lma ✋✋