Chapter 38

General POV.

Mia blinked rapidly in disbelief, the tears streaming down her cheeks.

"David?" It was difficult to say his name as he rested unconscious on the ground. It was difficult to look at his face in its last few living seconds. It was difficult to neglect the blood that she had caused to happen.

"Now, Mia. Give me the necklace." He stood tall, towering above their mortal defeated bodies. Stretching his arm again and waiting for the necklace.

Mia looked at him, the same way anybody would look at the cause of death of their best friend. That look of infinite evil, unlimited torture and satisfying vengeance.
"Hello, Justin." Harry appeared a few feet across them, all bloody and tired but holding a blood-stained blue rose in one hand and a lighter in the other.

"No!" Justin shouted as Harry set the rose on fire and left it to the ground, the fire that caught up to the rose, ate Justin in a hungry burst of flames and he disappeared in a roaring fire.

"Deal denied." Harry said, and walked to Mia, crouching down across her and looking at her with such disbelief, she did not only feel guilty but ashamed.

Harry glanced down at David slowly shaking his head, and he lifted his body up, groaning while doing so and he walked away, out of the forest.

Mia couldn't speak, her voice was too damaged from the escalating crying and all she could muster were those chocked sobs as she followed Harry who casually lifted a bleeding body into an apartment building and through an elevator and into an apartment.

He rested him on the bed and turned to Mia.

"I swear, I-" She started.

"No, no, no, no." Harry interrupted.

"Don't speak." He ordered slowly and calmly.

He walked out of the bedroom, Mia following him. He sighed running a hand through his hair.

"He's in New York, Harry!" She shouted, defying his request.

"You've been calling him, haven't you? He never left." She continued, her tone accusing.

"He refused to leave you and wanted to keep in touch indirectly, it wasn't my idea!" Harry defended.

"Harry, what's your task?" She asked out of the blue.

"Mia, are you insane? David is dying in there because of you! So do not speak as I kindly requested of you and let me find a way where we could save him, alright?!" Harry said forcefully, slamming his fist on the wooden table.

"There's no saving him, Harry. I shot my own best friend." She said and collapsed on his shoulder, crying again.

"There's a way." Harry said, cupping her face with both hands and slowly lifting her head up.

He wiped away a tear from her cheek and looked her directly in the eyes, "Would you wait?" He asked ever so smoothly and she nodded. he slowly faded away, not the usual swift teleportation.

A bite. A bite is the only way to save David. But Harry's in no position to bite humans. Only Masters can. Of course, given that Zayn is dead, there's no Master on the planet -or elsewhere- that would help Harry. But Harry thought a-soon-to-be-Master can help. Prince Liam Payne.

"Hogwarts." Harry mumbled and penetrated the shield.

"Fetch me Liam Payne right now." He told a guard but the guard didn't budge.

"What a day for you to be a chump!" Harry huffed in annoyance, as he walked into the castle.

"LIAM!" Harry called aloud, he was in too much of a rush than to find him.