Chapter 31

(Surprise surprise)

David's POV.

I'm soon to be crowned 'Conspiracy theorist' of the year.

But can you blame me? You've never been a part of a Gamer's plan, which I assure you is not pleasant.

Right now, Mia and Harry are having more bonding time than ever. She barely says three words to me around him! Me! Her freaking long-term BFF!

Harry had this way of making her come to him, I couldn't blame him he barely did anything. Mia was the one too drawn. And If I spoke, then I'm a jealous baby who can't be happy for his best friend.

I know Harry isn't the angel he claims to be, he's the fucking devil. He had demon eyes the other day and he killed a tree! I only need a proof to show Mia and get it over with her new crush freak show.

I'm not sure where I was going right now, would guarantee that proof but I'll take my chances.

I was heading to a Mentalist called Vladimir Oscar in the suburbs. It was a 50 minute drive minus some traffic. But of course nobody cares 'cuz Mia and Harry are off shooting people somewhere.

I could use some Arctic Monkeys tracks right now.

"Are you serious?" I sighed exasperatedly at the track that played 'I wanna be yours'.

That's not like..... shading me and Mia at all.

I changed it and it played 'Do I wanna know?' And basically I was being mocked in my car by my own favourite band.

Welcome to the life of David Whales.

I intentionally read tragedies like Romeo and Juliet, Tale of two cities, the great Gatsby to ironically criticize my hypocrisy. The characters all confessed their love and died. I'm dead and confessing my love would resurrect me.

Poetic, huh? Told you I read a lot.

Cannot escape how boring riding the car alone is. I bet it's splendid to go on a joyride with Harry.

I need to stop being bitter about this.

"Finally." I mumbled as I parked in front of a completely ordinary house. Too ordinary to have a 'mentalist' inhabitant.

I knocked thrice and waited then the upper part of the door opened revealing the mentalist's face.

He looked about 50, give or take a couple of years. Blond hair and green eyes, a bit chubby but all in all slim.

"Hey, my name is-" I started but he interrupted me, smiling.

"David Whales. I know, we have an appointment. Come in please." He welcomed and opened the door fully, gesturing inside.

"Thanks..." it was suspicious alright! He had one of those haunting smiles.

"Tea?" He offered holding a glass teapot that showed a thick crimson liquid.

"Um. N-no thanks." I hesitated giving the fact that this so called tea highly resembled blood.

He poured himself a cup and gestured for me to sit down and we sat on opposite chairs.

I couldn't help but cringe when the tea left a trail of red on his lips.

"I- uh.... I'm hoping you can provide me with some honest information about Gamers." I started.

"Nasty minds these creatures have, what do you want to know?" He spoke casually, sipping on his tea.

"Everything really." I spoke liberately, hoping that this isn't a waste of time or gas.