Chapter One

Katelyn's point of view

"I can't wait for them to get here." I beamed to the caretaker who sat beside me. "They're so cool and are so sweet."

"Of course they are, I wouldn't let you go off with some guys who are crude and, dare I say it, assholes." She told me and I giggled at her swearing. She doesn't normally swear.

"I'll miss you." I told her and she smiled sadly at me. "You were the mother I never had." I said and she pulled me into a hug.

"I'll miss you too squirt." She said and I smiled at the nickname. "They'll be here in mere seconds now." She told me and fixed my necklaces and headband.

"Drop by sometime dear." She said and I nodded telling her that I will. Luke said the house wasn't too far from the adoption center so I may drop by more than a few times.

"Katie?" I heard Michael's voice and I smiled. I turned around and the caretaker took my suitcases, wheeling them for me.

"Hi Michael! Hi Luke!" I said and gave them hugs. "How have you been since yesterday?" I giggled lightly because they came by to hang out with my yesterday.

It was a rule. If you wanted to adopt, you have to prove you're fit to be a parent and to you have to get to know the kid. Background checks and everything were included.

"Terrible. We woke up at six am after going to bed at like three in the morning." Luke said and I laughed. "Anyways, enough about us, this is your day. Are your things packed?"

"Yep!" I said and motioned to the pastel blue suitcase and my purple backpack. "Everything."

"Come on then love, let's go." Michael said and I followed them out of the building. They opened the trunk of the car and then helped the caretaker to put my things away.

"Be careful with her okay? She's a fragile little girl and is used to people giving her attention, though I'm sure you know that already." The caretaker said and I buckled my seat belt.

"Of course we do ma'am. I just hope we don't give her too much attention, don't want her to get annoyed of us so quickly." Michael said and the three laughed.

"Go on then. Feel free to stop by whenever." She said and soon the two boys were getting in the car, their smiles gone.

"She's so preppy." Luke said as I closed my door. "Not too hard okay? This is my baby." Luke said, looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"I'm sorry." I said and he just nodded telling me that it's okay. "So, what are a going to do?" I asked them as Michael turned the radio on.

"I was thinking we could stop by the house and just show you to your room and such. Then maybe we can visit Ashton and Calum? You haven't met them and they literally live a block over." Michael said and I nodded.

"That sounds good." I said and he nodded. "How far away is it?" I asked them, hoping that I wasn't talking too much. I get told I talk too much.

"Not too far away darling, maybe about ten minutes." Luke answered and I nodded as Michael plugged the auxiliary chord into his phone.

"The music on the radio irritates me sometimes." He explained and I nodded, remembering that he told me that before. I think it was on their second visit.

"Wait, since the house isn't that far away does that mean that I'm going to stay in the same school?" I asked, a bit worried since there a few people who didn't particularly like me there.

"No darling, of course not. We wouldn't let you stay in a school with a bunch of people who enjoy dragging others down just because they're different." Luke said and I nodded.