Chapter Five

Katelyn's point of view

"Who's jacket is that young lady?" Luke asked me with crossed arms as Michael held it up. "Who were you with?"

"My friend Jane. Her older brother tagged along because she wasn't allowed out by herself." I told him and he rose an eyebrow at me.

"I don't believe you."

"It's true though! She wasn't allowed out because she had hit a guy in the crotch with a football so her brother tagged along to keep her out of trouble!" I lied to him and he eyed me.

"How did you get the jacket then? You smell like cologne and this jacket reeks of it aswell." Michael said and I blushed.

"This guy whistled at me and was like 'bend over for me' and her brother was like 'I'll kick your ass you dick' and he gave me his jacket to like cover up a bit I guess." I said and he looked at me.

"You didn't give it back?"

"I forgot I had it on and-"

"That's a hickey, Luke! That's a fucking hickey!" Michael gasped and Luke grabbed my chin, forcing me to turn my head and tilt my neck. "What the hell Katelyn?"

"I didn't want it!" I cried, feeling embarrassed and small because they saw it. "On my way home this guy grabbed me and was like 'where's your boyfriend' because he thought her brother was my boyfriend. Then he started biting my neck and stuff and I punched him in the jaw."

"Why don't I believe you?" Luke asked me as he looked at me. I shrugged and played with my sleeves as the two eyed me suspiciously and angrily.

"He did and-and I felt so disgusting Luke. He had no respect for me and it hurts because he probably just seems me as this thing. I'm-I'm not just some thing you can touch and grab though, I'm a human being." I said, a lump forming in my throat. "It was so disgusting and it made me feel so small and pathetic."

"Hey, don't cry." He said, his tone softening by a hundred and two percent. "I'm sorry we were being so harsh. We just don't like the idea of you being around boys all alone." He told me as he pulled me into a hug.

I cried into his shirt and he rubbed my back. "It's okay darling. You'll be okay. Michael, tell her that she'll be okay."

"You'll be okay."

"See?" Luke said and I laughed slightly as I buried my face into his chest. "I'm sorry, we're sorry. We were just worried and upset. You're too young to be having hickies on your body and to be bringing boy's clothes home okay?"

"Okay."

"How about we chill on the couch and watch some television? Does that sound good?" Michael asked and I nodded.

"Cuddle?"

"Of course." Michael said and I smiled. "Next time someone touches you inappropriately, whoop their ass okay? Kick their ass."

"I don't like violence." I said and sniffed. "I just was scared and upset so I punched him. I didn't mean to. I just did." I said.

"It's okay, we're not mad at you." Michael told me and I nodded. "I told you to take your shoe off and beat them." He said and I sniffled.

"Didn't think about it, I just did it." I told him and he chuckled. "I wonder if I bruised him. I punched him pretty hard." I said to them.

"I hope you did." Luke told me and then chuckled. "He'd deserve it, maybe a kick to the balls aswell." He added, causing me to giggle a bit.

"Luke man, that's a bit far." Michael said and I rolled my eys. "You know how much it hurts to get hit there. It's sensitive."

"Yeah, so? Having that little respect for both yourself and that other person means you obviously don't have the balls to be a man." Luke scoffed and then pulled me away from Michael so that he could hug me.