Chapter Seventeen

Katelyn's point of view

"You never showed us what you bought." Luke told me and I looked at him. "Or sent us the pictures. What are you hiding?"

"I didn't try anything on really. Just one thing." I said and he nodded. "When is this party again?"

"Friday." He said and I nodded. "You have six days to get it together and stuff. Me and Michael went out and bought our costumes too. I'm going to be batman and he's going to be the Joker. He's dying his hair green for a day."

"Nice." I said and he nodded. "Mine is a bit on the darker side so yeah. There will be lots of blood and stuff." I told him.

"Is it a dress?" He asked and I nodded. "How long is it?" He asked me and I put my fingers about an inch or two above my knees. "That's fine. Any shorter would be unacceptable."

"Of course Luke." I said and chuckled. "Guess what I did today?" I asked and he hummed.

"You realized that Jacob looks like a dork dressing in all black but having bright pink hair?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Come on, but he does though! Doesn't he?"

"It's kind of weird but if it's what he wants, let him." I sajd and shrugged. "No but there was this guy-"

"I already don't like this."

"Listen." I whined and he huffed, but agreed anyways. "So, there was this guy who was maybe like forty years old. He was outside of the mall and he was begging for money and he looked so sad and dirty and like boney and it made me sad myself. After buying everything, I had like ten dollars left, more or less. So, I gave it to him so he can clean his clothes or buy some food or buy a new hurt or something. I did a good thing right?"

"Of course you did love, but was Jacob with you?" He asked and I nodded. "Because although your intentions are pure, it doesn't mean that others' are aswell." He told me.

"Jacob told me that too." I sighed and he nodded. "But what I did was good. I helped him."

"You did and that was amazing." He said and I nodded. "Now, Michael is in our room on his phone being a little dick. Want to go surprise attack him?"

"Yes." I said and laughed. I got up and then followed him to his room. He opened the door quietly and Michael was facing the wall, his back to us.

I ran up to the bed and jumped on, Luke following my suit. We laughed and Michael didn't even move. He just kept typing into his phone.

"Mikey?" I asked and practically laid on top of him. I looked at him atnd he looked down and me briefly before going back on to his phone. "Are you mad at me?"

No answer.

"Baby," Luke said and came up from behind Michael's head, bending over it it and putting his face in Michael's. "Come on, answer her. She did a good thing today. She helped a homeless person by giving him money."

Still no answer.

"Michael? Are you okay?" I asked him and he turned his phone off as Luke tried grabbing it. "Are you tired? Do you want us to leave you alone?"

Nothing.

"Michael, you've been acting like this since we got home. What's gotten into you?" Luke asked and I looked between the two as I got off of Michael.

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to make your a sandwhich or some instant noodles?" I asked him.

Nada.

"Fine." I huffed and stood up. "Don't answer me. I'm just worried about you and care about you. If you're not going to answer, or even bat an eyelash at me, I'm not going to just lay there and continue to try and see what's up. If you won't give me the time of day, I won't ask."