Chapter Forty-three

- So I just realized I forgot to write about Michael's birthday in this so let's just say they had a shit ton of cake, playing a bunch of video games, and listened to a lot of his favorite Music -

Katelyn's point of view

I kicked my heels off and then crashed on the couch. "I'm sorry." Michael breathed out as he sat down beside me. "That was a disaster. I should have never taken you down there."

"It's fine. At least I know who's names to write into my hit list." I said and he laughed.

"You should add Gary, the name of our waiter." He said and I looked at him. "I'll explain later. Go get changed and wipe that junk off of your face. I'm bothered by the clothes I have now and the fact you have so much make-up on."

"Got it." I said and stood up again. I grabbed my heels and then went upstairs, throwing them on the floor.

I closed the door and then stripped off the jacket and dress. I tossed them aside and then pinned my hair up into a bun before grabbing some tight cotton shorts and a loose long sleeved shirt.

I went to the bathroom and then wiped away all my make-up. I sighed once I finished and then threw the wipes away.

I went back downstairs and then crashed on the couch again, waiting for Michael to come back down and rant all of his problems to me.

It's only fair... I do that to him sometimes.

Soon, he came back down in a pair of black sweats and a black beanie. I chuckled and he sat down. "So, what's up?" I asked and he looked at the floor a bit.

"Everything sucks Katelyn." He said and I nodded. "I was a mistake and am a walking bank for my parents. My boyfriend used to hit me and is probably screwing random people right now. The pink in my hair is fading and Christmas just isn't Christmas anymore. It's all dramatic and problematic and I hate it."

"One, buy more pink hair dye, boom, problem solved." I said and he nodded. "Two, you're only a walking bank because you refuse to stop being one. If you don't want to do something, then don't do it. Three, Luke is... he's difficult and I can't help with that."

"You're so great at this."

"Bite back that sarcasm or I'll go to bed and leave you all alone with your thoughts." I said and pointed a finger at I'm as he nodded quickly. "Four, I think half the world was born because of a broken condom or lack of condom so I guess that's kind of normal. Just don't think about it you know?"

"Six, Christmas isn't going perfectly but nothing goes perfectly okay? Everything has flaws, no plan goes perfectly. I know you had high expectations but it's better than nothing at all okay? It's been rough but it'll get better soon. It won't suck forever." I told him and he huffed.

"I know but I wanted this to be perfect, not for me, but for you. This is your first Christmas were having as a family and we don't when have a tree up and stuff. We've been traveling everywhere and-"

"We had good reasons too though. I'd rather be traveling everywhere because if we didn't go to America, you'd have two depressed teenagers and that's not good." I said and he nodded.

"I guess..." He sighed and nodded. "We have a fake tree in the basement. Do you want to help me put it up?" He asked and I looked at him.

"After you tell me what happened with that Gary guy." I said and he looked down. "Ex boyfriend?"

"Hell no." He said and I laughed. "No it's just um, when I went to the bathroom, he was in there aswell. He touched me inappropriately and said a few inappropriate things so I ran out quickly because I can't just punch someone, I have a career and stuff to look after."