Chapter Forty-four

Katelyn's point of view

"All packed to go to Luke's house?" Michael asked as I put my make-up on. "Is that what you're wearing?"

"Pajama shorts and a long sleeve? Hell no." I said and laughed. "My outfits on the chair." I said and he nodded.

"Anyways, I'll drop you off okay? I have to go to my parents house anyways. They want to talk to me and stuff." He said and I nodded.

"Don't feel obligated to go just because they brought you into this world." I reminded him as I put on mascara.

"I'm not. I just need to talk to them aswell." He said and I nodded. "I'll put your purse and suitcase in the car. Hurry up, Luke says his family are excited to meet you."

I nodded and he closed the door as he took my things. I finished with some red lipstick and then I brushed my hair out.

I pulled my shorts down and then put on some black skinny jeans. I took my shirt off and then pulled on a loose, white button up shirt. I put a black chocker on that had a bow tie on it and then slid on some heeled boots.

I finished lacing them up quickly and put in some silver heart shapped earrings that Michael bought me one say, followed by the necklace Luke gave me and the ring Jacob gave me.

I attached a little silver cuff to the left earring and slid it on, smiling as it shined. I went downstairs when I finished and Michael looked at me.

"Come on, let's go." Michael said and I followed him out of the house. "Also, you look amazing."

"Thank you." I said and smiled.

-

I walked into Luke's house and suddenly the smell of gingerbread and coffee filled my nose. "Katelyn," Luke said and I gave him a hug. "Come on, I'll out your things in the guest bedroom and then you can meet my parents and brothers."

"Sounds easy enough." I said and he laughed as he took me to a guestroom. I set my bag by the bed but kept my purse with me. "I'm ready to meet the brother who is better than you."

"Jack? Yeah, he's not here yet so..." He said and we laughed. "Come on." He said I followed him, turning the light off after we left the room.

I walked out with Luke and he took me to the kitchen. "Mum-"

"Is that Katelyn?" She asked immediately and I nodded as I smiled. "Oh my god you're so beautiful! Come here!" She said and I didn't have a chance to even move before I was being hugged. "I've heard so much about you. I can't believe I get to meet you, after what? Three months?" She said, directing the end at Luke.

"We were busy." Luke defended and I laughed as I hugged his hum back. "Plus, she had school and was in LA with Michael for awhile."

"He's not lying." I said and laughed. She nodded and then smiled brightly. "How are you today Ms. Hemmings?"

"Please, it's Liz. You should know that, Luke should be talking about his mother." She said and set her hands on her hips.

"He doesn't." I whispered to her and Luke looked at me with narrowed eyes. "Shame on you Luke." I said and we laughed.

"Come, you must meet Ben and Andrew. They're in the living watching some on football game." She said and I nodded.

"I'll bring out the cookies and coffee." Luke said and his mum nodded, not even turning around to look at him.

"Oh, I'm doing fine today. How are you?" She asked and I smiled, telling her I was fine aswell.

"Andrew, Ben, look who we finally get to meet." Liz said and I waved at them. "This is Katelyn, you know, Luke and Michael's adopted daughter."