Chapter Fourteen

Katelyn's point of view

"You're not going to school today." Michael said as I fixed my tie. "Change out of that outfit and out something else on. You're coming with us."

"I have tests-"

"This is more important." He said and then closed the door. I groaned a small quickly began to unbutton my school shirt.

I stripped the uniform off and then threw it aside, tired and exhausted. I scratched the top of my boobs a bit since my hair was making it itchy and then I looked in my closet.

I pushed my hair back and then grabbed the water colored camisole. I put it on, hiding the straps of my light purple bra a bit. I threw a leather jacket over it and then I pulled on some ripped black skinny jeans.

I ran a hand through my hair and then picked up a pair of heeled combat boots. After pulling some socks on, I slipped the boots on and then zipped them up.

I stood up and then yanked my jeans up some more because the camisole was cropped and flowy at the bottom. I put on some chord choker with a silver dream catcher on it and small chains that fell right under the chord.

I put my phone in my back pocket and then called Jacob, knowing full well that he'd be getting dressed right now. "Hello?" He asked and I walked downstairs.

"Jacob, hey, I'm not coming to school today. Michael said I have to come somewhere with them and that it's more important than my tests." I said and then grabbed an apple.

This makes brushing my teeth a bit useless but whatever.

"And he calls me irresponsible." Jacob said and I laughed, sitting down on the couch beside Michael. "Anyways, I'll tell the teacher that you have some family business I guess. Maybe I'll slip some answers on a paper for you aswell." He said.

"Lifesaver." I said and smiled. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Jacob. Stay safe while driving and no smoking while driving." I said, making the end sound stern.

"Bye love and I'll try. Love you." He said and then hung up. I blushed a bit and then typed him a quick 'love you too'.

I put my phone away and Michael looked at me. "Did you know Calum smokes too?"

"Wasn't aware." I said and he nodded. "They're their own person, let them make their own decisions I guess. You can't help someone when there's nothing to help with."

"I guess." He said and nodded. "So, um, he's coming from over for dinner on Friday night?" He asked me, cutting the awkward silence.

"Yeah, he said he'll be there." I told him. "He also asked me to ask you if I could go to the mall with him to go buy costumes for Halloween." I said and gave him my puppy dog face.

"That's fine." He said and I smiled. "As long as it's appropriate and we agree with it. Nothing too revealing but nothing too childish." He told me.

"I'm gonna be an angel. If I cant find the stuff for that, I'll pick something cliché like a vampire or princess or something." I told him and he nodded.

"What does Jacob want to be?"

"He wants to be like a dark angel. All he needs is the wings and a few small accessories." I said and he nodded. I hummed and then he sighed.

"I'm not too comfortable with you hanging out around him alone you know. He's much older than you and is easily much stronger than you." He told me.

"He wouldn't dare hurt me and it's only two years. I mean, it's not that bad. He's my friend, it'd be kind of weird if we were dating, but we're not so it's okay. I mean, Ashton is older than Luke and Calum by like two years so it's whatever." I said and he nodded.