Chapter Forty-two

Katelyn's point of view

"Come on, we're going out to eat for dinner, like I said she would." Michael said as he tapped on the doorfame. "Get dressed real quick. My mum wants to leave in like thirty minutes.

"Got it." I said and he nodded. He closed the door and then I opened my suitcase. I pulled out a red dress and a black cropped leather jacket.

I stripped down and threw the outfit on before slipping on the same heels I had on yesterday when we came here. I looked in the mirror and then brushed my hair out quickly, leaving it down.

I began on my make-up, starting with eyeliner and ending with some red lipstick. It wasn't heavy, just enough so his mum wouldn't bitch at me.

'Oh, you're eyeliner isn't winged enough!'

'Oh, you're eyelashes aren't thick at all! What are you using?"

'Your lips look dry and chapped! What are you doing to them?'

'Oh, your blush isn't heavy enough, and I can totally see those acne scars and pimples.'

"Bitch." I muttered to myself as I rubbed my lips together. I grabbed my purse, despite not having much in there, and then walked out, my chin up and my back straight.

I learned from my two days here, if you don't have confidence in this house, they'll chew you up and spit you out.

"You look... decent. Thank god." His mum commented as she saw me. "Come on, we're leaving."

"Maybe you should wear a longer dress love." Michael said as he saw me. "I'm not very comfortable with you wearing dresses that stop right under your thighs anymore."

"She looks fine. We have no time to go change. Come on." Daryl said and I rolled my eyes as he followed his wife out the door.

"I'll be fine. I mean, I'll be sitting the whole time beside you so nothing is going to happen." I told him and he nodded. "Let's go before they get bitchy."

"Besides for the dress, you look wonderful. Much better than leggings and one of Luke's shirts." He said and I laughed as we walked out of the door, locking it behind us.

"I always look wonderful." I said and he laughed as we got into his car. "Separate cars?"

"If we need to make a quick getaway. My parents have no chill whatsoever and the smallest mistake will make them see red." He said and I nodded as I got into the passenger seat.

-

"Reservation for Clifford." Daryl said and the hostess nodded before a man showed us to our table. I sat down beside Michael and his mum eyed me as I kept my posture straight.

"You look stuck up."

"Great, I'm trying to copy you. It's working." I said and Michael looked at me. Although I knew he was dying to laugh, he just nudged me and shook my head.

"You're under dressed Michael. What did we tell you about skinny jeans and those terrible shirts? We're at a fancy restaurant. You don't wear plaid shirts, leather jackets, and ripped jeans here." His father said and Michael shrugged.

"Oh well." He said as he adjusted his red flannel. "I have a reputation to keep up. I'm not going to be caught dead dressed like you."

"Why won't you wear a suit Michael? Who cares about a reputation? Like a normal kid? We're somewhere fancy, you wear slacks and a button up, not skinny jeans and a ripped flannel." His mum scolded.

"I think he looks fine." I butt in. "He looks like Michael and that's all that matters. I bet Luke would love it." I told him and he rolled his eyes.

Adopted By Mukeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें