Chapter Twelve

Katelyn's point of view

I sat alone in my science class, glancing at the door with a small hope of Jacob walking through with his tight as hell pants and sleeveless button up shirt.

However, he never walked in. The never even opened.

I sighed and looked down at my work sheet, circling and scribbling down answers. I didn't care if I failed it, I was worried about Jacob.

I closed my eyes once I finished and then laid my head on my hand. My hair fell to the side and my bangs covered parts of my face. I bit my bottom lip a bit and then snapped my eyes open as the bell rang.

I gathered my stuff and then headed straight towards my locker. I quickly unlocked it and put everything away. I grabbed my book for my next class and then I sighed as I unbuttoned the cardigan. I wrapped it around my waist since it was itchy and then I made my way to my next class.

On my way, I lost count of the number of people who told me to put my sweater back on and that I was breaking the dress code. Each and every time I just rolled my eyes and nodded, but not making any move to fix the 'mistake'.

Jesus, they act like it's a crime to not have your sweater or something on.

I sat down in my next class and looked at the teacher. "You're cardigan Katelyn, please put it on or its not uniform."

"It's itchy."

"It's uniform."

"I don't care. It is itchy as hell and I'd rather be comfortable and breaking the rules than to have to sit with this thing on and listen to you blab on about a subject I'm not really interested in." I said out of pure irritation and she gasped. "So please, just ignore it. I don't want a rash."

"Katelyn I will not be spoken to like that. It seems Jacob's attitude has rubbed off on you." She said and I grit my teeth. Why does everyone have to bring him up? "Go to the principal's office at once. I will not have you in my class if you'll be disrespectful."

"I didn't want to be in your class in the first place." I said to my algebra teacher and then stood up quickly. I threw my bag over my shoulder and left the class, slamming the door slightly behind me.

I made my way to the principal's office and then sat down on a chair, throwing my bag on the floor. "Katelyn, what happened?"

"Thought the teacher would have given you a rang while I made my way over here." I said and then the phone rang. She held her finger up and then picked the phone up.

I huffed and then crossed my arms. The teacher gave me a hard look and I rolled my eyes as I looked to the side. "Yes, of course. She's in my office. Continue teaching."

She hung the phone up and looked at me. "I expected more from you." She said and I noticed that she had the same last name as Jacob.

"Don't expect things from someone, rule number one in life." I said and she glared at me slightly. "Are you related to Jacob?" I asked and her strict and confident
demeanor crashed.

"He uh no, I am not." She said but she was lying. Her face was flushed and her eyes were looking anywhere but me. Plus, they have the same eyes and the same facial structure with sharp cheekbones and a slightly pointed chin.

"Okay." I said, pretending to believe in her lie. "Where is he?"

"He ran aw-I don't know." She said but quickly corrected herself. I gulped and then I leaned back. "This is about you Katelyn, not my so-oh god."

"You're a liar."

"No I'm not. I just prefer to keep things a secret and hidden." She told me and crossed her arms.