Chapter Twenty-three

-It is four am right now and I have school in 3 hours, so this isn't the best I've done, I apologize-

Katelyn's point of view

I could still taste him in my mouth.

I brushed my teeth nearly ten times, had four breathmints, used mouthwash about eight times, but it wasn't working.

I hated it. It was disgusting and it made me want to cry again. I just finished my make-up, again, and I was about to ruin it, again.

I looked in my mirror and gulped a bit. Jacob was waiting for me downstairs, wondering where I was and it'd be selfish of me to just hideaway in my room all night.

I took a deep breath and popped a few more mints into my mouth before walking out of my room. I looked around but I couldn't find him.

I sighed and then looked for Luke or Michael. I had pushed through bunches of people and accidentally engaged into a conversation with some dude I didn't know about batman and his bat-mobile.

I soon found him and I grabbed his arm. "Luke?" I asked and he turned around, a small something between his lips. He breathed out some smoke and I coughed since it was like right in my face.

That was not a cigarette.

"What do you want?" He asked rudely, seeming upset that I interrupted his time with his friends. "Go to Michael, he'll deal with you."

"I just want to know if you've seen Jacob..." I said quietly, flinching slightly at his glare. "I'm sorry..."

"You should be. You ruined Michael and I's relationship." He said and I gulped. "Go find him yourself, I don't care about him." He said and waved me off before turning to his friends.

"Oh... uh okay. I'm sorry." I said and walked away. I saw the guy who dragged me to the bathroom and shrieked before running back to Luke, holding on to him.

"Now what?" He asked as he ripped his arm crop my grasp. "Jesus christ, can you leave me alone? I want to be around my friends too you know." He said and the two around him laughed.

"I just... I'm sorry." I said as that guy made eye contact with me. He winked and I gulped, unable to move.

"Couldn't you have given us another dare?" Luke groaned and pushed me away slightly. "One that doesn't involve a clingy child?"

"What?" I asked him and he looked at me as he held a small rolled up something between his fingers.

"Oh yeah, we never told you. You were just a dare babe. If I wasn't scared of Michael and I's nudes getting leaked, we wouldn't have done this." He told me and he blew the smoke right in my face again. "We got slight benefits though, you made the media love us and our album became the most pre-ordered all year."

"So... You're telling me that this all was a dare? On top of that, you only kept me here longer because it brought your band more publicity and nice comments from the press?" I asked him, my eyes filling with tears.

"Yes."

"Wow, nice to know how much you fucking love me." I mumbled to him and he laughed, clearly being able to hear me.

"No, there's no love. You're just a little broken girl who doesn't know love. I thought you'd be smarter than to think we'd actually want you around when our lives were perfect without you." He said and his friends laughed with him.

Tears fell a bit and I pushed him into his friend, who ended up swallowing that small rolled up thing. I ran upstairs to my room and the wiped the tears away as they fell.