Chapter Thirty-one

Katelyn's point of view

"I can be the one, be the one tonight," I sang along to my phone as I curled the ends of my newly dyed hair.

I got it dyed yesterday since we had nothing to do. We just sat around, ate Chinese food, and messed with hair dye.

I brushed it out once more when I finished and then turned the iron off. "But if you like causing trouble up in hotel rooms and if you like having secret little rendezvous," I sang loudly into my purple hairbrush.

"Stop being a little fan girl and get dressed for school! You have thirty minutes to get dressed and eat breakfast!" Michael yelled and I laughed, knowing he didn't mean it rudely.

"Fine!" I yelled back and set my brush down. I took my tank-top off and then opened my closet.

I grabbed a mint colored peplum shirt with a lace top and then pulled it on, making sure to hide my bra straps behind the black lace. I yanked on some black skinny jeans after I took my shorts off and then I pulled on one of my cropped leather jackets.

I fixed my hair over it and then sat down on the bed, pulling on some socks and then lacing on some combat boots. I stood up and pulled the flared shirt down a bit.

"Must. Resist. Urge. To. Sing." I said as the pre-chorus came up again. "Fuck it." I breathed out as Harry began to sing again.

"And if you like midnight driving with the windows down and if you like going to places we can't even pronounce, if you like to do whatever you've been dreaming about, then baby you're perfect." I sang along as I fixed my make-up.

I have to look good for my first day of school, well, first day at this school.

"Ten minutes!" Michael yelled after awhile and I huffed. He's like my alarm clock, but harder to hate and throw against the floor.

"Okay!" I yelled back and put on some pink lip gloss. I rubbed my lips together and then smile as I set it down. I put in some earrings and a necklace that Luke has bought me, and then nodded.

Finished.

I put everything away and then grabbed my leather bag. It was my purse, but it was one of those really big ones that hit you on the arm when a lady walks by. The ones you just stare at disgust in because the bag was bigger than her arm and could fit a dog in.

I just put my binder in there, a bottle of perfume, a roll of deoderant, and some gym clothes. That's all I really needed, at least, that's all I believe I needed.

I went downstairs and then Michael looked at me. "You look like that rich white girl who gets all the girls' boyfriends and drives a Mercedes Benz and wears designer clothing." Michael commented before nodding towards the kitchen. "Grab something to eat, it can be as simple as a fruit. Just grab something."

"I don't drive because I can't and I do not get all the girls' boyfriends. I don't even have and boyfriend because no guys like me." I said and he laughed.

"What am I then? A dog? A chair?" Michael asked as I grabbed a banana. I laughed and peeled it open, throwing the peel in the garbage before walking back to Michael.

"My dad, that's what to are." I said and he chuckled. "Jacob likes me but not in that way. I'm weird and he'd probably die if he asked me out." I said and Michael nodded.

"His balls would be at the bottom of the ocean while his head would be inside of a volcano in Hawaii." He said as he took a bite of his cereal. I rolled my eyes and bite into the fruit.

"Besides," I said as I covered my mouth. "I am a white girl. I'm not rich, you are, but I'm not. I only have this Michael Kors bag and designer shirt because of Bryana." I said and swallowed.