Chapter Eight

(You all misunderstood. In the book, it's autumn, I know it's not autumn in Australia right now. Though, thanks for your help aha xx)

Katelyn's point of view

"Morning Katelyn." Calum said as he saw me, practically drooling on his kitchen table. "Oh wait, what the hell? Katelyn?"

"Hi." I said and forced my eyes to open. I looked at him and gave him a fake smile. "Ashton said I'm going to stay here until the weekend because the other two are being inconsiderate assholes."

"We're they drunk?"

"I think."

"Ah, I see." He said and I nodded ad I yawned. "You don't have a uniform?" He asked me as he looked at my outfit.

"It was dirty and I left it at the house." I told him and he nodded. "It's one day, I think the school can handle it." I told him and he nodded.

"Is Ash taking you to school?" He asked and I nodded as I wiped my mouth. I actually was drooling a bit.

I didn't know if it was from him being in low hanging sweats with his v-line visible or me being stupid tired though.

"Well, I have to shower and get ready for the day. I'll see you after school and I hope you have and great day." He said and kissed my cheek.

"You too." I said and smiled a bit, dropping it as soon as he turned around. My phone buzzed and I grabbed it, seeing that it was Michael and he was asking where I was.

I turned my phone on silent and then I put it in my back pocket. I put my head down and then sighed. I didn't want to talk to him but ignoring my problems wasn't going to make them go away.

"Are you ready to leave?" Ashton asked me and I pulled my head up. "You look adorable."

"Thanks, and I'm ready yeah."

-

I walked into the school, feeling a bit insecure and scared as I did so. Everyone was looking at me as if I was absolutely insane for not wearing uniform.

Jokes on them, it was freezing this morning.

"Katelyn?" Someone asked and I turned around. "What happened to your uniform?" Your normally wear it." He told me.

"They're dirty." I said and he nodded as we walked to our first period. "Hey Jacob, I have a question." I said and he hummed.

"Why are we dressed almost exactly the same?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Okay then, shoot."

"Why were you absent a lot last year?" I asked him and his smile faded. "You don't have to answer it if you don't want to. I. Just curious."

"It's a family thing-"

"And you don't like talking about your family. Understood." I told him and smiled. "It's fine, forget I asked." I said and he nodded.

"I'll tell you one day." He said and I nodded. "Anyways, does it feel good to break the rules?"

"I guess." I said and he chuckled. "Can I have a hug? I need a hug." I said as we got to out class.

He nodded and then dropped his backpack on the floor before I hugged him. Since he wasn't that much taller than me, maybe two or three inches, I buried my head in his neck and sniffled. "What's wrong?"

"It's stupid." I said as I realized just how childish I was being over the whole thing.

"It's not stupid if you're crying over it." He told me and I nodded. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I'm always here okay?"